8 year anniversary of Dimebag Darrells death today

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Today, 12/8/12, is the 8 year anniversary of his death. I remember being out in western PA at college and someone saying he was shot dead the night before. I thought he was joking. Sadly, he was not. The rock and metal community lost one of the best players that night. I never got to meet him but I've alwasy heard he was the coolest dude ever. I didn't see a thread made yet so I figured I'd make one. I'll be drinking Black Tooth Grins tonight at my bands gig for sure.

Rest In Peace Dime

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I am celebrating his life on the anniversary of the day of his death by going to a Dethklok, Machine Head, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder concert. RIP Dime

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
R.I.P Dime the man was awesome. I got to meet him he gave me his guitar pick. Never will forget how nice he was.

J7string

Reaction score
I listened to Pantera all the fucking time when I was younger. He was definitely an inspiration of mine to start playing guitar. RIP Dime.

blister7321

Reaction score
listening to pantera damageplan rebel meets rebel, also covers and tribute songs all day
DIMEBAG
DIMEBAG
DIMEBAG

RIP the music world hasnt been the same since

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
I'm still sad i didn't get into Pantera until my junior year in high school, after his death. It will forever make me sad that I'll never get to see him live or meet him.

C'est la vie.

Rest easy Dimebag.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
RIP Dime; one of my biggest influences of all time.

tm20

Reaction score
i never got to see Pantera live :'( born too late. the whole world misses you Dimebag

Compton

Reaction score
RIP dime, it'll be black tooths all night!

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 39

ascl

Reaction score
RIP Dime. Glad I managed to see them on their Vulgar Display tour (back in... gah, '92?) with Megadeth.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
i meet him at a dallas stars hockey game once....he and his brother were big fans of the team.

really nice guy. he sat there and signed everything ppl put in front of him including my starter jacket. he was really down to earth and chatted with everyone.

rip

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to admit, I've only recently started to recognize how just brilliant of a guitarist Dime actually was. I've always admired his playing, but never realized how great he truly is.

RIP Dime.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Dime was one of the best. A sweet guy, a phenomenal spirit & an unbeatable riffer. God rest the mans soul. RIP Dime, watch it go!
-Brent

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Pantera were a huge reason I got into metal. Still love that band, actually, and the above video has inspired me to listen to Cemetery Gates...

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of old D-bag, nor do I like any of the bands he was in, but being shot down on stage is not a good way to go for anyone, and the way he gets paraded around by Dean guitars is frankly tacky imo. A shame that we will never learn all the facts behind his death, as Gale took the buckshot to the face and took those secrets to his grave.

')