8 year old shredder

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that on the Petrucci forum... I think his actually 12, not 8 though. Still he has allot of talent, *sob*, some of is have to work for it!

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
All I can say is wow! That's just not right for someone 8. :bowdown:

Note to self: throw away all my guitars and equipment!

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah seen it over at the Ernie Ball forums, apparently he was 8 during the video and now he may be 12...funny how some dudes complained about his lack of feel, regardless though the kid has talent, determination and discipline to accomplish that at such a young age...my only question is...he must have big hands for an 8 yr. old :shred:

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
YYZ2112 said:
Note to self: throw away all my guitars and equipment!

I'm right there with ya man... Every day I find another one of these prodigies. Certainly makes me feel like chukin' everything, and taking up basket weaving... :lol:

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
BCrowell said:
I'm right there with ya man... Every day I find another one of these prodigies. Certainly makes me feel like chukin' everything, and taking up basket weaving... :lol:

The only issue then becomes dealing with the prodigy basket weaver on basketweaver.org. :scratch: :rolleyes:

rx

Reaction score
:eek:

screw the kid, I want his guitar!! :eek:

G.B.N.B

Reaction score
Damn you child prodigies! :scream:

I wonder how long hes been playing for though.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
funny how some dudes complained about his lack of feel, regardless though the kid has talent,

People will say shit like that cause they're simply jealous. Lack of feel... come on it's a freakin 8 year old kid! But in some way, while he's absolutely amazing, I'll say that ripping up the fretboard, while amazing and all doesn't thrill me anymore. I used to play thrash metal and was great at ripping out mega fast solo's and stuff (that was like when I was between 18-23). But these days I'm more into the actual music... you know the compostion of ALL parts and the sound they make together. :)

Rev.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
thats the kid that plays an arseload of PG licks on RGT220NA? Its a cool vid. He has good influences ;p

telecaster90 said:
Speed=/=emotion

*flame sheild on*

And Inversely,
Playing slowly =/= Emotion either.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
that guitar looks huge on him!!!!!!! anyway that was cool but i dont care if hes better than me cause i like what i do and i dont really like shred too much only in bursts, i like the vai and satriani type stuff better, but the kid got skills.

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
Or this! 14 year old mini-Slash jamming with his 12 year old brother/drummer while the other middle-aged bandmates step aside and try their best to stay out of the spotlight. This kid probably gets more phone numbers in one evening than most of us have gotten throughout all of high school.
http://jradrocks.com/clips.htm
j18.jpg

Guys feeling jealous yet? LoL

G.B.N.B

Reaction score
^
Is he using those DR colored strings?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
1.) he's better than me

2.) I got bored after the first minute or so - he's fast, but there's guys much faster out there, and after watching Rusty Cooley in action, it takes a LOT to impress me just on sheer technique. And all he really was doing was playing a series of unconnected licks. Cool licks, at times, sure, but that wasn't music, that was just fretboard gymnastics.

I've also never really got the whole unaccompanied guitar solo thing. :lol:

3.) I too want that guitar, I forgot the exact model number, but it's a tung oiled mahogany prestige. It may be a neck through, or they may just do the maple center peice for cosmetics, I forget which, but either way it's beautiful. :) I think it may be a japanese-only model, but I was half-contemplating importing one. If there was a seven string version, I'd have done it I think. :)

Latest posts

')