800 bucks and can't decide what to buy

• Thread starter Dehumanize
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
:lol:

im looking at either a used ibanez s7420 and probably upgrading the pups

or getting a power conditioner noise gate and a amp/rack road case since i play out of town and occasionally tour

or getting a vader 215 cabinet (ive got a 212 and 412)

or maybe putting it back for a new amplifier even though im satisfied with the vh140c

theres $800 burning a hole in my pocket and i can really only get one major upgrade right now with that much

what do you fellas suggest, cab, case, or guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go for the power conditioner, gate, and case. You'll always be able to use them in your rig regardless of what amps, cabs, effects, etc. you get down the line.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude... do what I did the other day. Put the money on a debit card, then grab a few beers and your favorite internet browser and go crazy. :cool:

between craigslist, ebay, sevenstring.org marketplace, americanmusical.com, jemsite classifieds and zzounds.com; you can spend that money quite fast and effectively. :yesway:

Dehumanize

Banned
Reaction score
I actually have enough to grab a used S7420 (and I found one on the board that really hit the GAS nerve) and a discount amp/rack case. I'm going to have about 1000 USD instead actually, I forgot about payment from a weekend delivery job. I might have to pass on a conditioner and noise gate, but it wouldn't be hard to scrounge the money together for those. I've got an ISP G-String pedal and a 50 dollar surge protector that have been taking care of my amp for a long time, another month wouldn't hurt.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Dude... do what I did the other day. Put the money on a debit card, then grab a few beers and your favorite internet browser and go crazy. :cool:

between craigslist, ebay, sevenstring.org marketplace, americanmusical.com, jemsite classifieds and zzounds.com; you can spend that money quite fast and effectively. :yesway:

Ooohhh! American Musical Supply, and Zzounds - I've bought some pretty cool stuff from those places! :yesway:

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Dude, I've got several things I could use $800 for if you don't know what to do with it. :lol:

But seriously, in situations like this the best option is usually to keep saving up until you find something you absolutely can't live without.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Keep it til ya need it.

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
Get a memory foam mattress topper, a new pack of socks, try out a more expensive bbq sauce, a fleshlight or three, a deck of Uno cards, treat your friends to the dollar menu at McDonald's.... four different times, make a potato gun, buy some aviator glasses, find the most realistic fake tattoos you can, refine your first potato gun design into a pneumatic design that shoots golf balls, fill up on 93 octane, do shots of magnesium sulfate with your friends with a "last to go" grand prize, attempt to make and market the most delicious french fry sauce, mainly consisting of ketchup and ranch, get a good amount of annoy-a-trons and distribute accordingly, attempt to complete a blazing nuclear meltdown buffalo wing contest, buy the not cheap ink pens, take a train trip with a friend to a far off distance and right before the train leaves tell your friend you have to use the restroom and then get off the train, don't tell your friend, attempt to buy this website from Alex, design and build a Kool-Aid water fountain.

Or, save your money and get an AxeFx... :cool:

Enselmis

Reaction score
Get a memory foam mattress topper, a new pack of socks, try out a more expensive bbq sauce, a fleshlight or three, a deck of Uno cards, treat your friends to the dollar menu at McDonald's.... four different times, make a potato gun, buy some aviator glasses, find the most realistic fake tattoos you can, refine your first potato gun design into a pneumatic design that shoots golf balls, fill up on 93 octane, do shots of magnesium sulfate with your friends with a "last to go" grand prize, attempt to make and market the most delicious french fry sauce, mainly consisting of ketchup and ranch, get a good amount of annoy-a-trons and distribute accordingly, attempt to complete a blazing nuclear meltdown buffalo wing contest, buy the not cheap ink pens, take a train trip with a friend to a far off distance and right before the train leaves tell your friend you have to use the restroom and then get off the train, don't tell your friend, attempt to buy this website from Alex, design and build a Kool-Aid water fountain.

Definitely this. :bowdown:

carbon

Reaction score

If my chair didn't have arms on it I would be on the floor right now:lol:

Also, where does one get an annoy-a-tron?

bklixuz

Reaction score
spend it on some sluts! joke! peace...

this
Dude, I've got several things I could use $800 for if you don't know what to do with it. :lol:

But seriously, in situations like this the best option is usually to keep saving up until you find something you absolutely can't live without.

or watever you feel needs to be replaced or upgraded

Kstring

SCHECTER
Reaction score
I would say save it up OR do what Biggness said :lol::agreed:, oh and send me $350:idea: just kidding.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Get the nice conditioner, gate, and case, and save the rest.

Latest posts

')