81 yr old man decides to retire

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
The next evolution of the American dream: work yourself to death no matter how long it takes!
most people won't save enough for retirement sooo yeah they're gonna be working til they die.
Fuck, I want cybernetic implants Cyberpunk 2077 style so I can work until I'm 130 years old! 😃🤖
They'll probably repossess your implants Repo Man style if you don't make your quota tho

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Three days ago. You wanna know all the positions, and if/when I put on the furry stuff?

That is the kind of kink some of you are into afterall...
nah man just trying to find the source of the pent up aggression

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea but what if the other guy's wrong?
I mean, the word wrong implies there's some discussion going on which is healthy.

It's not a rule but a helpful guideline would be to consider sticking to the content of the actual thread and not invoking things you think you remember about the person from another thread 6 months ago.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I'll never let them repossess my implants 🍒
giphy.gif

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mod: Warning about impeding thread closure.
SSO: Immediately escalates to provoking eachother and taking the obvious bait.
Yeah this. Come on guys. :lol: I don't understand why phillkilla is as angry as he is either, but if I were him I'd certainly be ANGRIER as a result of this thread. :lol: Let's try to be adults here for once. You know, something different.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Agreed on all fronts. Assuming this was planned, which it sounds like it was to some degree, this was an absolute masterstroke by the Dems. They get to drop most of Biden's baggage and simultaneously invalidate most of the GOP prep work. All of Trump's campaigning against Biden is now irrelevant, all of that time and money wasted. Now they need to start fresh against a new target and the path they're likely going to take is to try and osmosis her into all of those talking points since she was part of Joe's administration but I don't think that's really going to stick with independents.

If they want to retread all the ground from the 2020 primaries I also don't think it's going to matter because this is another anti-Trump election. It's less about voting FOR somebody and more about voting AGAINST somebody, and if she's going to be that figurehead, I don't think dredging all of that up is really going to help them much either. She's just a stronger figurehead than Biden was.

Super interesting to watch. Nerve wracking to live through but super interesting to watch.
Zero chance this was planned. Biden thought he could win, Biden's team thought they could hide probable onset of senility from the public, and it blew up on them all in a very public way. I actually think Biden had an unexpectedly effective first term gven the inbox he interited and the divided government he had to work with, but if he's remembered well by history part of it will be for having the courage to admit he'd made a mistake, and belatedly or otherwise make way for a better candidate.

But, the most telling argument for that, is after months of arguing Biden was too old and shouldn't run, Trump and co are now arguing he should HAVE to run and he can't just drop out of the race. :lol:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zero chance this was planned. Biden thought he could win, Biden's team thought they could hide probable onset of senility from the public, and it blew up on them all in a very public way. I actually think Biden had an unexpectedly effective first term gven the inbox he interited and the divided government he had to work with, but if he's remembered well by history part of it will be for having the courage to admit he'd made a mistake, and belatedly or otherwise make way for a better candidate.

But, the most telling argument for that, is after months of arguing Biden was too old and shouldn't run, Trump and co are now arguing he should HAVE to run and he can't just drop out of the race. :lol:
I wouldn't call it planned, but I do think the belief Biden was thrown into the deep end of the pool to see if he could swim is still on the table. It was bizarre for them to agree to this early of a debate, specifically with the rules CNN laid out including the lack of prepared remarks, notes, and earpiece etc (edit also the cut off the mic rule).

Biden lagging behind in the polls but catching up at that point. I suppose plausible that they expected him to perform better and break out a little, but the info we have since then it's a different story. Several insider accounts of him looking lost and specifically scheduling this debate past is functional hours, and after a significant international trip.

All of this, coincidentally before the convention which would have made his nomination binding. I don't think it was scripted in the sense that Biden was going to step aside from the get-go, but I think we'll start hearing accounts that he was nudged into this debate for a reason. Could take a few years though.

Last edited:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it planned, but I do think the belief Biden was thrown into the deep end of the pool to see if he could swim is still on the table. It was bizarre for them to agree to this early of a debate, specifically with the rules CNN laid out including the lack of prepared remarks, notes, and earpiece etc.

Biden lagging behind in the polls but catching up at that point. I suppose plausible that they expected him to perform better and break out a little, but the info we have since then it's a different story. Several insider accounts of him looking lost and specifically scheduling this debate past is functional hours, and after a significant international trip.

All of this, coincidentally before the convention which would have made his nomination binding. I don't think it was scripted in the sense that Biden was going to step aside from the get-go, but I think we'll start hearing accounts that he was nudged into this debate for a reason. Could take a few years though.
You know, that makes a lot of sense. I'd buy that.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, that makes a lot of sense. I'd buy that.
Also backed up by reports Bidens aids and family (specifically those two groups) openly did battle with his campaign people and debate prep staff afterward. The simple explanation would be that they didn't like the way he performed, of course.

But contextually sounds like the parameters of the debate itself were the part that held Biden back the most, and those same people (who we've subsequently learned were sheltering Biden) clearly weren't the ones who okayed it.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I have allot of hope for new voters (kids who are just getting outa HS who experienced how much it sucked under the trump admin) and the fact that allot of the baby boomer generation is passing away. I have allot of love and respect for the elderly, but sadly most of them never questioned their religion or politics and kinda judged leaders by what they say and not their actions for the most part. They also didn't have the internet.:lol: I also know that statistically younger people don't vote as much, but I'm hoping that a fire was lit under their asses during 2020. 🤞

What really grinds my gears is the fact that where I'm from Libs are looked at like weaklings and turmp is the epitome of MAN. :mrburns: These same people live a pretty liberal lifestyle and have no idea. They worship rockstars for the most part and have a unjustified hate for the LGBTQIA+ but when Queen's we will rock you comes on they roll a joint and are like "man I love Queen". :shrug: Fucking troglodytes!

I honestly can't get a read on the younger voters. Gen Z tends to be pretty progressive and overall would seem more left leaning.... with that said, I also feel like I see a ton of younger, mostly males, with no real life experience, who idolize trump like he's some god. Just like how the much older voters do.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
To be clear what I'm referring to is on a very recent timeline, I'm talking about in response to the debate.
Whispers of DC insiders reporting that Pelosi was pushing Joe to step out and even starting to lightly threaten him to do so since he was starting to tank his fellow Democrats. AFAIK nothing more than rumors but the timeline is telling if you ask me. Either they got lucky with the way things played out or it was phenomenally well executed. And either way, I think it's working out in their favor. The rhetorical flip they've just foisted onto the Trump campaign is going to cause a lot of people to say a lot of very stupid things very publicly and all the Dems have to do is sit back and watch.

But hey my team colors are red so read from that what you will.

I honestly can't get a read on the younger voters. Gen Z tends to be pretty progressive and overall would seem more left leaning.... with that said, I also feel like I see a ton of younger, mostly males, with no real life experience, who idolize trump like he's some god. Just like how the much older voters do.
It's a sign of the times. The current political landscape is almost exclusively anti-X. The idolatry is, in my opinion, not to do with who the figure is, but about what they represent. Trump represents a huge middle finger to a lot of people, and if you dislike those people, it isn't especially surprising that you'd be on board with someone who's out to spit in their eye. Same is true in reverse. If to you Trump represents a societal decline and is the personification of various -isms, corruption, criminality, and general sleaze, it'd make sense that you'd support whoever wants to take him down a peg. In neither case do you need to be especially well informed, which is probably why the people that are tend to be more moderate :lol:

It also doesn't help when their only choice is (was) the most vanilla, milquetoast establishment Democrat possible. Not surprised that it's difficult to get 20 year olds excited about Joe Biden because he isn't an especially 'progressive' candidate. It's tough to vote for Joe Biden and feel that you're really manifesting change in the world beyond it being 'a vote against Trump.' Just my two cents.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Gross generalization and hot take:
The younger Gen Zers are just a repeat of early 90s rage, except raging at the universe at large instead of governments and policy makers. They are begotten ideological chaos.

')