9/11. Never Forget?

• Thread starter Carrion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Terrible. Not unexpected, but terrible.

:noplease:

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck it was terrible....... That fucking terrorists are need to burn in hell.

My nation is was hurt by them too...... in time of USSR whe was war in Afganistan. Shit the riligion islam it talking : " If you will kill somebody who are not islam you are relly good, the best man and you will be in heaven" . Shit I think they all must die for it ..............................( i mean terrorists)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I forget the dude's name, but there was a Republican senator who was decrying the attacks of November 12th or something six months ago.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
People, collectively, are stupid. The mass media controls so much of the information out there that the collective population really only associates the attacks with "9/11" rather than September 11th, 2001. I noticed that guy who said they were stupid as the religion also said they were stupid Muslims. I'm willing to bet that he isn't even aware that Muslim is actually what someone who practices the Islamic religion is called. I'm going to attribute this to people being overly reliant on the ratings driven mass media sources for information.

I find it sad; I don't even remember what the fuck I was doing that day or where I was yet I know far more about the attacks, back story, and parties involved than any one of them appears to know.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I find it sad; I don't even remember what the fuck I was doing that day or where I was yet I know far more about the attacks, back story, and parties involved than any one of them appears to know.

I do. I saw a headline about a plane hitting the tower on AOL's IM news ticker first thing in the morning, and didn't read the story because I just assumed it was a small prop craft or somehting, not a 767. I stopped at the dining hall on the way to the music class I had that morning for a coffee and a bagel, and evidently the second plane had hit between me leaving my room and getting to the cafeteria - there was a cluster of people around a TV and sort of a stunned silence. I have a vivid picture of it, for some reason, a group of people clustered around a TV oblivious to their surroundings in a little lounge next to the cafeteria.

It was a pretty surreal music class - it was a composition class, one of the first of the semester, and obviously we didn't really have a class that day, but just talked.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score

Really? That's pretty surprising.

I remember because they wouldn't let us go to recess that day and came up with some BS excuse like they were spraying the area for bugs or some shit.

Kids were slowly being picked up early that day from school, it was like every 15 or 20 minutes another parent was there to pick their kid up. The like...7 of us left at the end of the day were just talking to each other saying "wtf? Something's up...what have we missed?"

When I got home my parents were watching what the tv, I then went outside and talked to my friends and we discussed how insane it was, then we played some basketball.

That was in 6th grade, apparently at my secondary school half of the classes were watching it on tv and by the time lunch rolled around everyone in the entire school knew about it. Alot of parents work at the Pentagon so it was understandable that they didn't want word getting out and having a bunch of kids freaking out.

Also, is that the same dude from that other video about stupid Americans?

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a phone call from my father right after the first plane hit the tower. I woke up in time to see the 2nd plane hit, I believe on live TV, CNN.

I'll never forget that day.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
The hotel company I worked for called me the previous day and told me to go to Tampa to be an interim GM. I was sitting in the Little Rock airport when the TVs start showing it, and then they grounded all flights.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I was return from repetition turn on TV in that time when second plane hit the tower. :(

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
I don't normaly watch TV before I go to work. So I was headed out the door and noticed my car had been broken into. :(

I called the police, then I called my job to tell them I would be late because I had to file a police report.

I walked back in, turned on the tube to see the second plane hit....

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I was working in the office of the Post Command Sergeant Major at a military installation at the time. It was about a month or two before the attacks and he called me into his office and said, "Well, look at this email from DA, Eric. They want us to close down the post to through traffic effective immediately."

We knew something was coming, just not what or where.

A couple months later I was out of the Army, having finished my medical discharge, and was working in a video store. I had the news on and watched the coverage live all day in the store. I nearly threw up when the second plane hit. I had been in the WTC only a few years back just prior to a trip overseas.

But the one thing that pissed me off more than anything else that day was a customer who came in some time in the afternoon and looked up at the TV and then back at me and said, "Can't you put in a movie or something? This is getting kind of old."

America....

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
Really? That's pretty surprising.

I remember because they wouldn't let us go to recess that day and came up with some BS excuse like they were spraying the area for bugs or some shit.

Kids were slowly being picked up early that day from school, it was like every 15 or 20 minutes another parent was there to pick their kid up. The like...7 of us left at the end of the day were just talking to each other saying "wtf? Something's up...what have we missed?"

When I got home my parents were watching what the tv, I then went outside and talked to my friends and we discussed how insane it was, then we played some basketball.

That was in 6th grade, apparently at my secondary school half of the classes were watching it on tv and by the time lunch rolled around everyone in the entire school knew about it. Alot of parents work at the Pentagon so it was understandable that they didn't want word getting out and having a bunch of kids freaking out.

Also, is that the same dude from that other video about stupid Americans?

i expect a lot of schools around DC were kinda like that....i was in 11th grade and the tv was turned on in my history class, we were taking some sort of quiz or something that day and the tv got turned on right after i had finished mine.

my dad doesn't work at the pentagon, but he does work in DC, and he said his windows rattled when the pentagon was hit.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
At the time of the attacks I was in school...but nothing was mentioned and everyone was oblivious. The first thing I knew of the attacks was when I was delivering newspapers and EVERY paper had a picture of the first plane hitting.

')