9 string guitar samples and vids

• Thread starter Sroth Saraiel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I have the idea of tuning mine F# B E A D G B E E.....

The two E's will be interesting to experiment with, I have many ideas in the back of my head on how to use them together...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sroth Saraiel

BC Rich 7 Strings :)
Reaction score
That will be interesting Patrick... time ago I tuned one BC Rich 7 string like E E A D G B E it was quite interesting to tap and do crazy stuff, but just as an experiment, because one month later I sold it anyways that tuning was to try different things only...

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I could put my Steiny in A0 and play some C#1's and A0's for you. PM me and I'll see what I can do. I don't have a soundclick thingy or anything similar, so might have to email ya. :ugh:

vansinn

Reaction score
I have the idea of tuning mine F# B E A D G B E E.....

The two E's will be interesting to experiment with, I have many ideas in the back of my head on how to use them together...

:agreed: I once had a great Höffner 12 string electric that I was stupid enough to sell, even though a luthier replaced the truss with a stronger one and a stronger fretboard :noplease::wallbash:
While I wasn't too much into the full 12 string stuff, I remember those upper double strings produced a great shimmering effect.
Today I might've converted that axe into a 7 string with double top E's.
I often find myself limited WRT arranging dissonant chords on the top strings. In such cases, having double E's would be really nifty.

Damn, all this GAS and a troubled economy these days.. I so feel like asking you for a quote.. ;)

elvendio

Reaction score
This is me with my 8 string tuned all the way down to doulble drop C . C G C G C G C C E.
Sorry about the game but this was made for my game clan.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
didn't meshuggah more or less use a "9 string" on Spasm? I assume it was just a bass, right?

Jauqo III-X

Reaction score
Here're some vids of Jauqo iii-X's band, with DeLawn Simpson (the guy on the right) playing an Ergo 9 in the tuning you describe!:) He plays on their 'Low C# Theory' album as well if you want some recorded examples.

Distressed R. In those clips DaLawn was not using his 9 string. At the time that clips was shot(1998) DaLawn didn't have any of his ERG's. In those clips he was using a Peavey with an altered tuning.

But you can hear him as you stated on the recording The Low C# Theory.

myspace.com/jauqoiiix

Here's a couple of clips where DaLawn is playing his ERGO 9 string.

YouTube - Jauqo III-X

YouTube - Jauqo III-X

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
didn't meshuggah more or less use a "9 string" on Spasm? I assume it was just a bass, right?
That was their original Nevborn 8-strings tuned down to Bb, then A for the last section of the song. I've never seen them play this tune live which is too bad as it's one of my favourites of theirs.

Reaction score
That was their original Nevborn 8-strings tuned down to Bb, then A for the last section of the song. I've never seen them play this tune live which is too bad as it's one of my favourites of theirs.

So, basically.... a drop 9 string? lol. That's sick... On my setup, an 80 can just barely hit that...without falling off, lol... :bowdown:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
So, basically.... a drop 9 string? lol. That's sick... On my setup, an 80 can just barely hit that...without falling off, lol... :bowdown:

I occasionally run a .110 on my 28 5/8" Steinberger in A0, it holds pretty good tension... you can't expect a lot of tightness that low. :nono: My next eighter will be 30.35" which is yeild similar tension with the .110 compared to a .070 in F#1 on a 27.0" scale... which is doable. :)

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Distressed R. In those clips DaLawn was not using his 9 string. At the time that clips was shot(1998) DaLawn didn't have any of his ERG's. In those clips he was using a Peavey with an altered tuning.

But you can hear him as you stated on the recording The Low C# Theory.

myspace.com/jauqoiiix

Here's a couple of clips where DaLawn is playing his ERGO 9 string.

YouTube - Jauqo III-X

YouTube - Jauqo III-X

Ah, thanks for clarifying!:)

Latest posts

')