90s Nostalgia

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Two things i remember putting in my Santa letter. That castle and a GI Joe fold out vehicle/fortress thing that I can't find at the moment. Didn't get that either. 😒
1720455752356.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate being an adult because my first thought upon seeing the Mobile Command Center is "How the fuck would that thing even operate?"

mastapimp

Reaction score
I hate being an adult because my first thought upon seeing the Mobile Command Center is "How the fuck would that thing even operate?"
It's not too complicated, and it's about the maximum size of something that a kid could play with and still easily put away...now the GI Joe aircraft carrier, that's a whole other story. I know 1 kid that had one and it took up a whole corner of his room.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It's not too complicated, and it's about the maximum size of something that a kid could play with and still easily put away...now the GI Joe aircraft carrier, that's a whole other story. I know 1 kid that had one and it took up a whole corner of his room.

...I think he means if it ACTUALLY existed in the real world, and not just as a child's toy?

mastapimp

Reaction score
...I think he means if it ACTUALLY existed in the real world, and not just as a child's toy?
Hahah... kinda of like a cyber truck come to life scenario....oh wait, that's a real thing.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I meant if it was a real thing. Just rockets and launchpad and turrets out the wazoo while this big metal brick crab-walks/rolls along sideways on its treads.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score

What's everybody's favorite legends of hidden temple team? I was a big SILVER SNAKES guy.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I saw a Vogue article on Facebook - ok, boomer, I know - saying that the hot haircut of 2024 was "the Nirvana."

I'm officially that old.

Didn't they all have long hair, implying the "hot haircut" is in fact, NO cut?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Didn't they all have long hair, implying the "hot haircut" is in fact, NO cut?
I mean, it's no cut until it's to your shoulders. Then it's cut, and sort of waved a little. I should specify this is the hot woman's haircut of 2024. The hot men's haircut of 2024 is probably whatever Henry Cavill is doing these days.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
FAT stack of Garbage Pail Kids cards my wife found at her mom's house.

View attachment 147844

More 80's I suppose but I remember them still being a thing in the early 90s.

Damn bro.....you just fell into some cash! lol People pay good money for these last time I checked. I remember in the 90s first thing kids would do is peel off the sticker and slap it on their "do not enter" bedroom door. Some good times man. :hbang:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn bro.....you just fell into some cash! lol People pay good money for these last time I checked. I remember in the 90s first thing kids would do is peel off the sticker and slap it on their "do not enter" bedroom door. Some good times man. :hbang:

Ahhh I wish they were worth something but these things are bent like a 12" radius guitar neck. I'm not a card guy but it seems like condition is everything. I wish these had been in protective sleeves for the past nearly 40 years :(

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Ahhh I wish they were worth something but these things are bent like a 12" radius guitar neck. I'm not a card guy but it seems like condition is everything. I wish these had been in protective sleeves for the past nearly 40 years :(

This reminds me of that "It's always sunny" episode LMAO

')