93 days have come and gone

• Thread starter Used666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drage

Reaction score
Man, I'd be up for one of those scrapped Sii-7's....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Used666

Reaction score
Hey Rob, not to be a douche or anything, but you should have told the guys that you were rebuilding their axes and it would take longer.

+1 to that, not that i dont appreciate his input because i really do. More so the fact that my guitar had to be rebuilt which was news to me 2 days after it was due to be shipped....

About the first month in on my guitar noodles sent me a picture of a guitar that turned out not to be mine. At that point i tried to change the specs on mine for a carved top because i liked what he had shown me. He told me i couldnt and that the woodwork was already done so now im wondering when the woodwork was done on my guitar and if i really could have gotten the carved top. Noodles you got some splaaaaaaaainin to do..... :lol:

:scream:

Either way im sure the guitar will be sick, im just impatient :lol:

Blind Faith

Reaction score
+1 to that, not that i dont appreciate his input because i really do. More so the fact that my guitar had to be rebuilt which was news to me 2 days after it was due to be shipped....

About the first month in on my guitar noodles sent me a picture of a guitar that turned out not to be mine. At that point i tried to change the specs on mine for a carved top because i liked what he had shown me. He told me i couldnt and that the woodwork was already done so now im wondering when the woodwork was done on my guitar and if i really could have gotten the carved top. Noodles you got some splaaaaaaaainin to do..... :lol:

:eek: you must post the pic of the carved top guitar!! im getting all hyper and excited... oh no :(

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score

My take on it is this:

1. Rob is hellishly busy, and every time he sends an e-mail or has to answer a call it's time away from actually building the huge number of guitars he has on order at the moment. That's why I kept my enquiries to a minimum, despite my guitar taking 16 months longer than first forcast. I realise quality takes time.

2. If you're going to oder a custom instrument, be 100% sure of what you want before you order. If you chop and change specs as you go you'll never get what you truly want.

3. Rob isn't the only builder to be hit by setbacks. I've got a body being built by a local luthier that was supposed to be ready in March, but it's not finished. Big deal, I know the score of what these guys have to deal with. Jackson has a delivery time of around 18 months last I heard...

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry you don't feel this is working out well for you, but Rob was trying his best to still get everyone's order completed within the three month window. Yours is the only one that didn't make it in time, and for that, you are getting a discount on it. He didn't let me know he was rebuilding yours until after the fact--he simply went back to the invoice and started over--and considering that KxK is exactly two guys, he doesn't really have time to take e-mails and phone calls all day.

Consider that you will still be getting yours before most custom builds even really get under way. Three months is a very short period of time for one man to build a guitar, and honestly, once you get it, I'm positive that your concerns will melt away. At this point, I may be able to talk to Rob and see if one of the extras is an archtop, but then it will not be in the color you want it to be. If you wish to speak with me about it, then drop me an e-mail or PM, and I'll see what I can do for you.

I'm just one guy with a full time job, a family, and a band that is doing this on the side because I really love the Rob's work, and I want to help him out however I can. I really am trying to do the best I can.

Used666

Reaction score
I'm sorry you don't feel this is working out well for you, but Rob was trying his best to still get everyone's order completed within the three month window. Yours is the only one that didn't make it in time, and for that, you are getting a discount on it. He didn't let me know he was rebuilding yours until after the fact--he simply went back to the invoice and started over--and considering that KxK is exactly two guys, he doesn't really have time to take e-mails and phone calls all day.

Consider that you will still be getting yours before most custom builds even really get under way. Three months is a very short period of time for one man to build a guitar, and honestly, once you get it, I'm positive that your concerns will melt away. At this point, I may be able to talk to Rob and see if one of the extras is an archtop, but then it will not be in the color you want it to be. If you wish to speak with me about it, then drop me an e-mail or PM, and I'll see what I can do for you.

I'm just one guy with a full time job, a family, and a band that is doing this on the side because I really love the Rob's work, and I want to help him out however I can. I really am trying to do the best I can.

Na man dont take offense to it, I didnt mean to come off as a dick im just kinda confused but you and Rob have just about covered any questions i have and for that im appreciative. Like i said im still insanely stoked to get this guitar and i know it'll be great, just a few head scratching moments in the meantime. Ill definitely shoot you an email though :wavey:

Vision

Reaction score
I do think I speak for everyone here when I say that Rob's skills are unmatched. I have never seen an ugly KxK, and I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them, and I have never heard anyone that owned one call it less than "perfection". I am finally in the position to be able to afford one, and I would gladly wait 2 years for it if Rob needed the time. :yesway:

Used666

Reaction score
This is my first experience with Rob but i have to say that he is a top notch stand up guy. Having seen this and/or heard from Noodles he personally called me today and straightened out any questions that i had. Really i couldn't ask for more and im more then content waiting the approximately 3 weeks he quoted me.

Used666

Reaction score
The result of a great phone call with Rob has left me with the option of getting this

A1-1.jpg

:yesway: or :noway:

Im not too sure yet,decisions decisions :scratch:

Blind Faith

Reaction score
If i were you id just go for what you really wanted in the first place as it will be worth the extra wait if you really want it.

:holy: Also OMG that is fucking SICK!!

I now cant wait for mine :lol:

Used666

Reaction score
O im waiting either way (~3 weeks) but Rob went out of his way to offer me that one (basically the carved top option of which i wanted about a month into my build) or sticking with my original order.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drage
Man, I'd be up for one of those scrapped Sii-7's....

He isn't the only one.

Sacha

Reaction score
These look really nice, I send a couple emails and never heard back so I ordered a Sherman. :spock:

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
These look really nice, I send a couple emails and never heard back so I ordered a Sherman. :spock:

put up a build thread son! I needs me some details! i love my sherman 8 and he's currently building me a 5 string bass too!

')