93 days have come and gone

• Thread starter Used666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry that it is taking you so long, but Rob is a perfectionist. The stain on yours did not come out satisfactorily to him, so he started it over. Stain goes deep into the wood, so rather than doing a half ass job, he set that one aside and built you an entire new guitar. The old guitar will get an opaque finish at some point, when it matches up with what someone orders, or become a NAMM piece.

Please keep in mind that these are built from hand, by one man, and not on some assembly line in Korea. I waited ten months for my first guitar, and it was worth every day of the wait. Last I heard, Jackson is up to eighteen months.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yea, Rob is probably the best value custom builder in the market right now, least the North American market, Austrialia's got some good up and comers.

Wait times are acceptable as long as the builder (or his staff) updates you every 2-3 months, saying "We're working on it!", if you get no progress reports for over 4 months, it starts to become a pain in the ass. Like someone im working with atm =/

From what I hear from JJ, Rob at least updates him every few months, and for one man working on all his shit without a CNC machine, thats INCREDIBLE.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry that it is taking you so long, but Rob is a perfectionist. The stain on yours did not come out satisfactorily to him, so he started it over. Stain goes deep into the wood, so rather than doing a half ass job, he set that one aside and built you an entire new guitar. The old guitar will get an opaque finish at some point, when it matches up with what someone orders, or become a NAMM piece.

Please keep in mind that these are built from hand, by one man, and not on some assembly line in Korea. I waited ten months for my first guitar, and it was worth everyday of the wait. Last I heard, Jackson is up to eighteen months.

I don't think anyone is slagging Rob and his wait times. And that's awesome that he would actually just build a whole new guitar because of one mistake.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is slagging Rob and his wait times. And that's awesome that he would actually just build a whole new guitar because of one mistake.

agreed, anyone that has dealt with a good luthier knows that it's worth the wait. That being said, knowing something awesome is coming and having to wait for it is the worst and best thing ever.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
In all seriousness, if I hadn't bought the Death Warrior I probably would've jumped on the 93 day deal myself. I'd actually been talking specs of a second Sii-7 with him about the time that deal came up. If my guitar lives up to the hype, I have a feeling I might be selling anything I can live without to afford another.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

Please keep in mind that these are built from hand, by one man, and not on some assembly line in Korea. I waited ten months for my first guitar, and it was worth everyday of the wait. Last I heard, Jackson is up to eighteen months.

so there's gonna be one kickin' around eh.. :idea: ;)

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
93 days :rofl:...

i'm at the 11 month mark for mine :ugh:. it's all good though, i don't mind the wait as Rob has been great so far in making sure my guitar is EXACTLY what i want it to be.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
YI2008a.jpg

YI2008b.jpg

Noodles sent me those pix about a week ago of someones thats almost done.

That looks great. Beautiful guitar. It's worth the wait. :metal:

Vision

Reaction score
Hey Noodles, do you have any idea what happened to the Randy Rhodes V that he was doing a while back? I need to get on the waiting list for that one.

Rob_KxK

Reaction score
Aaron,
Sorry your guitar could not be completed in the 93 days.
As Dave said I did remake two guitars, yours being one of
them. Regardless of the issues and setbacks it was not
ready in the time specified. It will be complete very soon.

Christophers guitar is ready to ship now-on time.
Everybody elses guitar is on target.

Rob

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Hey Rob,
Can you give a projection of when the final 4 guitars from the first run from Nov. 06' will be completed? Well, final 3 since James (metalfiend666) said his had been posted not but some days ago.

Thanks,
Gregory (The 27 fret Kahlered metallic purple monster)

Blind Faith

Reaction score
You really are the man Rob :yesway:! The pictures of the guitars so far are beautiful. Cant wait to see all the pics of the finished ones :)

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
The waiting can be tough on a custom guitar, but my Sii-7 was way more than worth it. When you have a custom 7-string, the production ones just don't seem that great anymore. Trust me, you'll be happy in the end.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Rob, not to be a douche or anything, but you should have told the guys that you were rebuilding their axes and it would take longer.

')