A bunch of IT guys?

• Thread starter Mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes. I also think metal heads are geeks. And I mean the progressive, technical type of metal. I definitely think the personality type that likes to create something that requires dedication to details is likely to result in both computer stuff and playing this type of metal. And, despite the average lay person's view of metal, I stand firm on metal musicians being technically more proficient, more intelligent, more studious, more creative and more dedicated than the average person or musician.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I am an architect and have been a metal head since I was 13. I may have cut my hair 5 years ago but it always makes me smile to know no one has the slightest clue to the crazy stuff I listen to.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I was into metal before I was into computers. I never even thought about it as a career choice until I was fixing something on my home computer that would have been complex for the average joe but made perfect sense to me. Then I started down that path. Now I'm the IT Manager for a small firm and will probably look at something a bit more intense when I finish my degree (I gots to stack those Benjamins).

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I am an ICT tech with about 30 other guys in my department, and only myself and 1 other are musicians :lol:

That being said we are scarily similar :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's less of a correlation between liking metal and being into computers and more of those who are into computers/the internet are more likely to go on internet forums. :lol:

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
I think it's less of a correlation between liking metal and being into computers and more of those who are into computers/the internet are more likely to go on internet forums. :lol:

With the added bonus this is a guitar orientated forum packed full of metalheads.

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Network Engineer here, long time metalhead.

A number of our younger server/storage guys and application dev guys are metalheads as well.

Yup. Luckily our Network Manager handles most of the Layer 8 stuff so we can actually roll out deployments and fix problems. The only downside to that is introducing new tech can be tough. It was difficult for my team to get DMVPN rolling out even though it saves over 3million over the next 5 years.

:wavey:

Making some progress on a CCIE as well.

Hows the CCIE coming along? I had to go the US to do mine as I swear down the proctor in Belgium had it in for me :).

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I study Game Design so not so much IT, but I work with computers and like to learn what goes on inside them so that when I have an issue - I can troubleshoot it myself and not bother the IT guys :lol:

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Hows the CCIE coming along? I had to go the US to do mine as I swear down the proctor in Belgium had it in for me :).

It's a long road I'm just starting down. I'm planning on going to one of the INE 10-day boot camps early/mid 2014. Just finished off the CCNP and CCDP a few months back, taking some time off the studying and focusing on my new job role for awhile before hitting the books hard again. Getting more hands on with things like DMVPN, Nexus 7K/5K/2K, and EIGRP/BGP that will hopefully help me when it comes time to cram again.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Network engineer for about 10 years now, IT for about 15....

Hoping to be out of it within the next 18 months and building guitars full time.

jbab

Reaction score
i have had the dreams of being a penetration tester since 5th grade. ive breached my schools several times. next year i graduate with my MTA and A+ certs then its off to college for security. but i love myself some technical heavy music. !

That sounds like a job for me
51vtcC4SjkL.jpg

(I'm a software engineer though)

')