A Day at BRJ (a ton of pronz included) 56k goodluck

• Thread starter Rhoadkiller
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
IMG_6826.jpg

If that was flamed, it would be my perfect dream guitar. BRJ really knows how to make em. Can't wait til I can afford my own.

EPICWIN.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kammo1

Reaction score
So Bernie Jnr is a separate entity to the BC Rich Guitars ? wow never knew that. Where is Bernie Jnr based ? does he have a website at all ?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Yeah, he's doing his own thing now, but....
These dudes are claiming that Bernie is making some of the B.C Rich Masterbuilt series:

:scratch:

He did build the BC Rich guitars in that video, and a few others. I saw them at his shop. I'm not sure of the details... but he did say that he was building some of their high end stuff on occasion.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FLGearnut

Reaction score
man i cant wait to get my Rico. I finally took the plunge yesterday and ordered my 1st one through Nick @ Axe Palace. I'm selling my caparison to pay for it. I hope its worth it :metal:

FLGearnut

Reaction score
FLGearnut congrats! I'm sure it will be worth it. What did you order?

Nick had a limited run of Jekyll's built that are based off a "slimline" jekyll body that I guess him and Bernie collaborated on.

The one I purchased is actually pictured on his facebook as an "in progress" shot. Nick explained his main influence for the "copper metallic" paintjob was he saw some really high end european sports car like an Audi or whatnot with this paint color, and he asked Bernie if he could replicate it on the guitar, which apparently he did. This color is apparently a one-off custom paint blend for Nick, and its the only guitar Bernie is gonna make that has this color. As for the specs on the guitar this is what I am getting.

Specs:
27 frets
Semi-shredder neck profile
Mahogany body wings w/ Mahogany neck-thru design
Ebony Fretboard w/ Stainless steel frets (no inlays)
Custom Copper Metallic paintjob w/ Black binding on body, neck and headstock
Black Sperzel Locking Tuners
Black TonePro Locking Bridge/Tailpiece
Bare Knuckle Painkiller 7 calibrated set

whosdealin

Reaction score
Nick had a limited run of Jekyll's built that are based off a "slimline" jekyll body that I guess him and Bernie collaborated on.

The one I purchased is actually pictured on his facebook as an "in progress" shot. Nick explained his main influence for the "copper metallic" paintjob was he saw some really high end european sports car like an Audi or whatnot with this paint color, and he asked Bernie if he could replicate it on the guitar, which apparently he did. This color is apparently a one-off custom paint blend for Nick, and its the only guitar Bernie is gonna make that has this color. As for the specs on the guitar this is what I am getting.

Specs:
27 frets
Semi-shredder neck profile
Mahogany body wings w/ Mahogany neck-thru design
Ebony Fretboard w/ Stainless steel frets (no inlays)
Custom Copper Metallic paintjob w/ Black binding on body, neck and headstock
Black Sperzel Locking Tuners
Black TonePro Locking Bridge/Tailpiece
Bare Knuckle Painkiller 7 calibrated set

Hey man You're rockin the same rig I have, Nitro and Stiletto cab.... The Nitro is crushing!

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Hey man You're rockin the same rig I have, Nitro and Stiletto cab.... The Nitro is crushing!

sweet man! do you run a clean boost in front of your amp? I find that running the od808 really tightens the lowend up and i get a very tight chunky tone with tons of clarity :shred:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He did build the BC Rich guitars in that video, and a few others. I saw them at his shop. I'm not sure of the details... but he did say that he was building some of their high end stuff on occasion.

Sounds like maybe they're sub-contracting some of the custom shop orders to him. Not surprising really, but BRJ isn't owned by BC Rich or anything nor does BRJ have anything to do with running BC Rich. Not really any different than a couple of the major manufacturers outsourcing their custom shop inlay work to Thorn.

Rhoadkiller

Reaction score
Bernie told me to let you guys that he is selling the blue/purple Jekyll If any one is interested he said to either contact him through the shop 760-956-3419 or www.ricojrquotes.com Tell him you saw it in my thread and mention my name!! hopefully some of you guys are interested!
This is the guitar
IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6784.jpg

')