A double dose bogner fail (GC + UPS)

• Thread starter infernalservice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
Earlier this week I found a great deal on a used bogner ubercab. I have been wanting one to run along side my orange ppc-hp for a while so I jumped on it. I had it shipped to the GC near where I work so I could pick it up and not have to worry about a ups missed delivery and having to wait a few extra days for it.

Well little did I know that the combined efforts of GC and UPS would turn the cab into the answer of a riddle that goes "what's big, black, and has a crack in it?"

It was packed upside down in too small of a box with little packing material and apparently dropped. Full refund with shipping, no questions asked.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Damn dude, sorry to see that :(

I've always wanted to try an Uberkab, too. Definitely update if you find another!

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
Dude, that sucks on some real levels...I was glad to see they didn't hassle you about it, though. If I had to guess, somebody at the UPS hub dropped it coming on or off a truck. Most of the time, the delivery folks are pretty careful, even with a 100lb behemoth like the Uberkab.

Are you going to try to find one locally or will you just turn it around and have them ship you one that doesn't have an Ubercanyon running across the bottom?

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
Are you going to try to find one locally or will you just turn it around and have them ship you one that doesn't have an Ubercanyon running across the bottom?

Lawls, what a cleverly apt description.

To the OP, that sucks man, I've been wanting an ubercab forever and I would be SUPER pissed if I finally got one and it showed up like that. At least you got a FULL refund, but still, no cab. Mega-Lame!

infernalservice

Reaction score
Dude, that sucks on some real levels...I was glad to see they didn't hassle you about it, though. If I had to guess, somebody at the UPS hub dropped it coming on or off a truck. Most of the time, the delivery folks are pretty careful, even with a 100lb behemoth like the Uberkab.

Well the one I found was dirt cheap used so if I can talk down another GC that has one in stock and beg them to box it right, I might go that route. Otherwise I am keeping an eye on eBay. Also debating on a brand new one from sweet water or mf.

wakjob

Reaction score
My ubercab weighs a ton, so I can imagine it's kinda unruly to handle all boxed up with no place to grab hold, but damn.... that had to be one helluva fall!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Just curious: do you know what GC/UPS is planning to do with it?

I'm surprised to see a crack like that. I would have assumed these use box (or maybe even dovetail) joints, but a crack right along the corner kinda looks like a simple butt joint at the corners?

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
That's why I can't stand UPS. I've had them break the rack ears off a mesa dual racktifier before and most recently I had an ordeal with them over some hockey tickets they ruined. They said the envelope was found at the bottom of the truck with no tickets, but then tried to make me sign the recipet saying there's nothing they can do. Never again ups, never again

infernalservice

Reaction score
Just curious: do you know what GC/UPS is planning to do with it?

I'm surprised to see a crack like that. I would have assumed these use box (or maybe even dovetail) joints, but a crack right along the corner kinda looks like a simple butt joint at the corners?

No idea. I was so disgusted I didn't even bother to ask. EDIT: I take that back. They have it listed in the used gear section on the Guitar Center in Roseville, MI...for more than I paid for it haha.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
No idea. I was so disgusted I didn't even bother to ask. EDIT: I take that back. They have it listed in the used gear section on the Guitar Center in Roseville, MI...for more than I paid for it haha.

Oddly enough, that's the same thing guitar center did with the ractifier they sold me without telling me the inside is just destroyed. Then ups broke the rack ear. And now it's worth $200 more apparently haha

JustinG60

Reaction score
Funny, i know a manager at a Guitar Center. I bought a Dean USA RC7 at a killer deal but unfortunately i just didn't like it (it felt dead, no resonance, and bippy ...bip bip bip bip bip bip solo notes... i told him it's worth more than i paid but he said they can't list it for anymore money

infernalservice

Reaction score
I ended up finding a deal on a diezel fl 4x12. I have been running lots of the diezel profiles on my kemper lately, so I thought, why not?

Krigsmjod

Reaction score
Make a poor mans uberkab by getting a used Marshall 1960 and pop 2 V30's in there and call it a day under $500?

')