A few picks to review

• Thread starter audibleE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cringles

Another Sinking Ship
Reaction score
I must keep an eye out for them, try a few out. I dont know how people use them big picks, once you go to a stubby 3.0, theres no going back is there haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I must keep an eye out for them, try a few out. I dont know how people use them big picks, once you go to a stubby 3.0, theres no going back is there haha.

Not really. Stubbys are pretty much the only picks I can even hold now, everything else either twirls in my fingers, or is just too small.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Just started playin with purple 2.0mm stubbys. I played on 1mm tortex for years initially. likin' the stubbys, more accurate yet there is something to hold. the jazz 3's would always end up flyin out of my hand.

bigheadood

Metallurgist
Reaction score
Those Stubbies look pretty interesting. I've always used stainless steel because they are the only ones to stand up to my playing style. (I've had the same pick for 5 years and it's just now broken in). Nylon, Ultex, Tortex, These might last an hour before they start making weird noises. How is the durability on the stubbies?

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Those Stubbies look pretty interesting. I've always used stainless steel because they are the only ones to stand up to my playing style. (I've had the same pick for 5 years and it's just now broken in). Nylon, Ultex, Tortex, These might last an hour before they start making weird noises. How is the durability on the stubbies?

Mileage varies of course, but the Stubbys hold up pretty well. I'd have to say the clear purple ones hold up better than the nylon since they don't peel, but I'm finding that not all of the nylons peel so maybe it a formulation issue. But I've had the same Stubbys for years (only buying new one when I get supplies like strings, batteries , etc) and they don't break or chip (note: this does not apply to 1.0, which will breakif you try really really really hard), just lose their tips (which I can get back usually by running across a carpet).

[action=Cancer] actually did break a Stubby 1.0 once, one of the red ones, and may even have the date written on the calendar somewhere.[/action]

')