A friends view on Columbus day..

• Thread starter Jason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I've heard other racial pride groups say similar things. I dunno. that just rubbed me the wrong way.

plus, i agree with what bob said.

Same here. I was really enjoying reading it up until that point.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm generally all for the NAs, and pretty much feel they got the wrong end of the deal. But! History is rarely completely one-sided.

:yesway: There is so much that goes on at once at any given point in history it's mind blowing.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how history will document my existence.

This is all that will remain:

CIMG0317.jpg

:noplease: :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If that is the ONE part that irked you, you are deemed :noway:

Listen You have your opinion and I have mine and he has his. You stated yours so leave it at that.

Im deemed :noway: cause I don't agree with YOUR opinion? Well fuck you too buddy :wavey: :jason:

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Listen You have your opinion and I have mine and he has his. You stated yours so leave it at that.

Im deemed :noway: cause I don't agree with YOUR opinion? Well fuck you too buddy :wavey: :jason:

Opinion is a personal value judgment not based on fact or logic. It is not my opinion that his diatribe is factually incorrect in several points. To keep things brief, I'll give just a single example.

* He claims that the theory of evolution has been disproven (once again, I might add) because, quote, "the descendants of those lying invaders are still up to their same-old typical ways- murder, war, lies, corruption, filth, greed, arson, rape, plundering, looting, destruction of anything pure and natural, etc"

Pretty much everything that follows is a paranoid rant from someone who has clearly let a persecution complex define his sense of self.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much everything that follows is a paranoid rant from someone who has clearly let a persecution complex define his sense of self.

Wow. Freud lives. That's quite the psycho-analysis.

Actually, I agree with Jason. Deeming someone false, or whatever, and generally disparaging their opinion, in whatever ways you couch the terms, isn't really kosh. But, at least you weren't a real prick about it I guess. Still...

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, how about this. I should say that it is my opinion that somebody spouting off tons of bullshit should irk you. It is not my opinion that Jason's friend here is clearly and factually incorrect on several points. And I mean come on, does this

Be Native. Live Native. Love Native. BREED NATIVE!! This is what O. B. S. is all about. For our future generations of Indigenous Native America it's the only way to go.

sound like someone who has a self-image not dominated by racial identity?

I hate to be an asshole, but I absolutely despise it when people say things that are factually incorrect and are not confronted about it due to either religion, political correctness, or white guilt. Well guess what, I don't give a shit about his religion, I could give a damn about political correctness, and I'm not white, so I damn well better stand up for objective analysis of facts because apparently no one else is going to.

TDW, yes, you are correct on calling me on that last bit.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
White Guilt. I find that a fascinating term. And true.

Just don't over-indulge in the hyperbole is what I'm saying. You're the "only" one to stand up for objective truth? C'mon. This isn't the Nuremberg trials. You make good points, but just be a tad more respectful is all.

:wavey: I'm serious, too.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
OK well yes, you and Metal Ken have done some criticizing based on factual grounds, but for example, I have yet to see anyone else call him on, for example, his remarks about evolution or believing that there was no war before the europeans arrived.

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
If you go back far enough in time, every race, culture etc. has been oppressed, persecuted, raped, whatever you want to call it. What makes him feel so special?

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
If you go back far enough in time, every race, culture etc. has been oppressed, persecuted, raped, whatever you want to call it. What makes him feel so special?

Apparently the fact that he believes native americans (culturally, a diverse group anyways, though he seems quite happy to lump them all together) are totally innocent. Remember, he doesn't believe they ever had wars before the arrival of europeans.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
OK well yes, you and Metal Ken have done some criticizing based on factual grounds, but for example, I have yet to see anyone else call him on, for example, his remarks about evolution or believing that there was no war before the europeans arrived.

I think because it's easier to live in a state of semi-denial, and blame a whole ethnic group, for the failings that are in some measure the responsibility of your own people. And we're talking about a crushing blow to the sense of personal worth that a whole "race" (I hate that term) of human beings feel, because they have been so utterly and definitively conquered. It's easier to retreat into a sense of persecution, and racial pride.

We can see the same thing in the inner city ghetto.

What makes it even more difficult, is that black Americans and Native Americans DO have legitimate grounds to feel that way. But it's only a portion of the story, as you rightly point out. Leads one to making ambiguous and untenable moral declarations, and a real feeling of omitting those facts that don't support your contentions, while over-emphasizing the ones that do. :2c:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
What makes it even more difficult, is that black Americans and Native Americans DO have legitimate grounds to feel that way.

So do the Irish. but i never see them protesting.

I always thought that was kind of funny, too.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
What a fucking idiot. Everything he's saying is racist and full of hate. "BREED NATIVE!!"? Fuck that. I've never even dated a white girl before (unless you count junior high and high school, but that doesn't really count). He seems to think that the native Americans had this beautiful harmony where they all lived in peace and never warred against the other tribes before the Westerners came.

I believe that what the Westerners did was wrong, but he paints this picture of Native Americans as angels and all other races as animals. What was with that rant about "these people" not being able to get rid of rape and murder after 500 years? He acts as if Native Americans don't rape, murder, steal, or do any other wicked things. Either he was brainwashed or just believes whatever the fuck he wants to, regardless of the fact that it's nonsense.

My best friend since I was 11 years old is 50% Native American, by the way, and his grandmother, who is 100% Native American, is one of the nicest people I've ever met and she is very much against this kind of thought amongst their community. His parents are also both very nice awesome people.

Jason, I'm sorry, but your friend is a fucking idiot. :noplease:

')