A friends view on Columbus day..

• Thread starter Jason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
What a fucking idiot. Everything he's saying is racist and full of hate. "BREED NATIVE!!"? Fuck that. I've never even dated a white girl before (unless you count junior high and high school, but that doesn't really count). He seems to think that the native Americans had this beautiful harmony where they all lived in peace and never warred against the other tribes before the Westerners came.

I believe that what the Westerners did was wrong, but he paints this picture of Native Americans as angels and all other races as animals. What was with that rant about "these people" not being able to get rid of rape and murder after 500 years? He acts as if Native Americans don't rape, murder, steal, or do any other wicked things. Either he was brainwashed or just believes whatever the fuck he wants to, regardless of the fact that it's nonsense.

My best friend since I was 11 years old is 50% Native American, by the way, and his grandmother, who is 100% Native American, is one of the nicest people I've ever met and she is very much against this kind of thought amongst their community. His parents are also both very nice awesome people.

Jason, I'm sorry, but your friend is a fucking idiot. :noplease:

+1

Yay, a Native American Nazi. That's exactly what he sounds like, right down to the "Native Power!" ending. Break out the tan hooked cloaks and hatchets. Though, what will they burn on people's lawns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
So do the Irish. but i never see them protesting.

I always thought that was kind of funny, too.

I always think about that, too. Especially in regards to slavery. Put it this way - pretty much my whole family is either German or Irish immigrant (with a bit of Native American), who moved to the US about 100 years ago, at the time of the great European immigrations here. Not one of them owned slaves. In fact,k slavery was illegal here by the time my family arrived. My ancestors were generally as much the victim of prejudice (even more so than blacks, in the case of the Irish, at least for a period), and sure as shit didn't own any slaves. Or have any affiliation with it, whatsoever. So, becuase my skin is white, I'm supposed to feel guilt over slavery?

Not a chance.

There's no way I will ever, ever feel slavery is morally defendable or justified, nor will I give it a "free pass" in regards to history. God awful institution. But even if one could make the very tenuous argument of some sort of culpability based on ancestry, well... that all goes right out the window with me and many like me, who might be white, but have zero connection with those times. I'm practically a newcomer to America. :lol:

Final thought - regarding the Irish, they did protest and were very politically active in the past (see - 'Gangs of New York' for a hint of it). But, they have become culturally and politically assimilated. I'm sure Chris, Drew, and Zimbloth could shed a bit of light on Irish Americans and their political and and social inclinations, being as Boston is one of the Irish strongholds in America.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Final thought - regarding the Irish, they did protest and were very politically active in the past (see - 'Gangs of New York' for a hint of it). But, they have become culturally and politically assimilated. I'm sure Chris, Drew, and Zimbloth could shed a bit of light on Irish Americans and their political and and social inclinations, being as Boston is one of the Irish strongholds in America.

You mean they did something else other than drink? :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I always think about that, too. Especially in regards to slavery. Put it this way - pretty much my whole family is either German or Irish immigrant (with a bit of Native American), who moved to the US about 100 years ago, at the time of the great European immigrations here. Not one of them owned slaves. In fact,k slavery was illegal here by the time my family arrived. My ancestors were generally as much the victim of prejudice (even more so than blacks, in the case of the Irish, at least for a period), and sure as shit didn't own any slaves. Or have any affiliation with it, whatsoever. So, becuase my skin is white, I'm supposed to feel guilt over slavery?

Not a chance.

There's no way I will ever, ever feel slavery is morally defendable or justified, nor will I give it a "free pass" in regards to history. God awful institution. But even if one could make the very tenuous argument of some sort of culpability based on ancestry, well... that all goes right out the window with me and many like me, who might be white, but have zero connection with those times. I'm practically a newcomer to America. :lol:

:holy: shit great minds do think alike.. I was just gonna bring that up.. I forget the exact quote by the butcher but im sure you know which one im thinking of..

Or how bout "on the 7th day god squat over europe and out came the excrament was Ireland" or some shit like that :lol: ya the irish got shit on quite bad there for awhile.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
:holy: shit great minds do think alike.. I was just gonna bring that up.. I forget the exact quote by the butcher but im sure you know which one im thinking of..

Or how bout "on the 7th day god squat over europe and out came the excrament was Ireland" or some shit like that :lol: ya the irish got shit on quite bad there for awhile.

The Irish even got a nasty nickname, The white... You know what... I'm not going to say that last word out of fear of getting banned...

We can't forget about Jews either, they went to hell and back, and you know what their sterotypes are now? Rich jewelry shop owners.... Talk about not letting the past get them down. lol

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Irish even got a nasty nickname, The white... You know what... I'm not going to say that last word out of fear of getting banned...

We can't forget about Jews either, they went to hell and back, and you know what their sterotypes are now? Rich jewelry shop owners.... Talk about not letting the past get them down. lol

Nah you wouldn't get banned.. You just have to do it properly..

Jews.. :lol: Is it odd I have never met a poor jew?

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I thanked, for the post, even though there were parts of the quoted post that were a bit "over emotional", because of the discourse it started.

It's a shame how absolutely shitty we are to other people. Either directly, or through using the government as a sledgehammer.

It's phenomenal how hypocritical we are as a group. Either directly, or through using the government as a sledgehammer.

And it's truly pathetic how much time, effort and resources are wasted tearing other people down and making excuses that could have been used improving your own lot.

Ray

Reaction score
All You guys should come to a pow-wow and to get to know some Native Americans. And ask us questions, about our views. Cause were not all the same, and not all of us live on Reservations. That guy doesn't speak for all Natives and neither do I. But it would benefit y'all to actually to talk this stuff out with real people. Instead of the internet. Socializing is good for ya:yesway:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
A bunch of people in this thread already stated that they are either part NA or know one.

You really think we all sit here everyday of our lives not talking to a single person in face-to-face?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
All You guys should come to a pow-wow and to get to know some Native Americans. And ask us questions, about our views. Cause were not all the same, and not all of us live on Reservations. That guy doesn't speak for all Natives and neither do I. But it would benefit y'all to actually to talk this stuff out with real people. Instead of the internet. Socializing is good for ya:yesway:

:rofl: Yeah, the internet is evil. Anyone who has ever posted on the internet doesn't have a social life. I haven't left my house is 27 years. I just get my billionaire parents (who I haven't met or spoken with - except in e-mails - for 27 years) to pay for my bills and I get people who I don't speak to or communicate with to buy my groceries and drop them out in front of my room. I've worked out a way to never ever talk with "real people" (it's also been proven that everyone on the internet is fake - in other words, robots).

As I mentioned earlier, my best friend is half native American and I have had several friends who are part-native American as well. They are people just like everyone else and they all have their own unique views.

I don't know where you got the idea that people in this thread were saying "Native Americans are all the same! They all live on reservations and they all think *insert something*!"

I found your post extremely funny and insulting at the same time.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
:rofl: Yeah, the internet is evil.

It's filled with small pox. Yet another evil we brought with us from Europe :lol:

People here aren't shitting on Native Americans, they're saying that what this dude is saying is completely fucked up. Do you buy into this whole bullshit about "breed native" or any of the other crap he's saying? What would people think if I went around saying white people should only breed with white people? I'd get my ass stomped.

Reaction score
I love speaking my mind cause when I do I alway offend someone. Beside as I stated in the last post. I don't agree with that guy, and I know you guys aren't dissing Natives. I'm know that were just people too, I don't consider myself sub-human. I could care less if I offend anyone. I don't have the view of breeding with only Indian women. People are people.

I'm just saying go TO TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES ABOUT THIS STUFF MAN.

')