A Guitar Tech Ruined My Guitar In The Process Of Changing The Pickups To Fishmans

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not sure what I think about these Merrows though.

tenor (1).gif

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Just got the guitar back. The Mayo guys did a fantastic job on it! It looks more like a normal guitar now, but I was aiming for this dark lord kind of vibe anyway. I’m not sure what I think about these Merrows though. They are a bit too dry sounding and shrill to my taste, but maybe I just have to get used to these things.View attachment 70690 View attachment 70691 View attachment 70692 View attachment 70693 View attachment 70694

the classics are briiiiiiight. You'll definitely need to re-eq compared to passives. But they'll either grow on you or they won't.

thankfully the moderns and abasi's are pretty easy swaps.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got the guitar back. The Mayo guys did a fantastic job on it! It looks more like a normal guitar now, but I was aiming for this dark lord kind of vibe anyway. I’m not sure what I think about these Merrows though. They are a bit too dry sounding and shrill to my taste, but maybe I just have to get used to these things.View attachment 70690 View attachment 70691 View attachment 70692 View attachment 70693 View attachment 70694

That thing looks evil as all fuck in black.

I think it looks even better than before.

jonsick

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I used to use a garage back when I had a newish car. I dropped it off and they tended to use a pub car park next door for parking cars in when they were done working on them. When I picked it up, there was a massive keying down the side, every panel, a nice big key scratch.

I guess the pub had gotten annoyed with the practice, but looking at the condition, they had obviously added the key-scratch onto the condition report after I had signed it and left it with them. That was their "evidence" that it wasn't on them.

WhiteLightOfDeath

Hidden Sword
Reaction score
A guitar tech drilled the pickup mounting screw of the neck pickup through the body of my Mayones Regius Core 7 while he was changing the Seymour Duncans to the Fishman Keith Merrows in my guitar. Apparently, a piece of wood fell out of the guitar, so he glued it back and tried to hide it. It boggles my mind how could a professional, who makes his living out of repairing guitars, make a mistake like this. When I went to collect the guitar, he made it look like the damage was already there before I gave him the guitar, then, after showing him images of the guitar from a few days before, he hinted that maybe it was the pickup mounting screw which caused the damage, but he cannot say for sure. I paid him the 80 Euros for his shoddy work and left as soon as I could to investigate what the hell happened, making a mistake of not asking for any paperwork or anything. The Mayo guys came to rescue me, so they will handle the situation, but this is still a horrible story. Lesson learned though, from now on, I won't give any of my guitars to any guitar repair guy, I'll install the pickups myself instead. See the pictures attached to see the damage]
OMG so sorry to hear that. When i read it i got worried you meant the pickups themselves made your guitar unlivable but this is a nightmare! I hope you get full satisfaction justice.

Latest posts

')