A lil' help for a soon-to-be 7 stringer

alilcluless

Reaction score
I have been looking for a seven string for a while: I really like the way an Ibanez's... but the neck is flat!

Whats a good 7 string w/out the flatness of the ibanez but with a similar thinness... are these decent?

Jackson COW 7
Schetcher's 7 strings (which is best [for money]?)
Brian Moore's 7 string (does anyone got one F.S?)

Or...

Should I just suck it up and buy a Ibanez?

Also, is the Ibanez universe a c-shaped neck? Are there any older Ibanez models that have the c-shape?

And is the EMG 707 the best pick-up (I like the sound Unearth has...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
I have been looking for a seven string for a while: I really like the way an Ibanez's... but the neck is flat!

Whats a good 7 string w/out the flatness of the ibanez but with a similar thinness... are these decent?

Jackson COW 7
Schetcher's 7 strings (which is best [for money]?)
Brian Moore's 7 string (does anyone got one F.S?)

Or...

Should I just suck it up and buy a Ibanez?

Also, is the Ibanez universe a c-shaped neck? Are there any older Ibanez models that have the c-shape?

And is the EMG 707 the best pick-up (I like the sound Unearth has...)

Agile Interceptor 7 String Black Flame at HomeOld

or wait for the Interceptor/Septor PRO models to come back in stock. they are 5 piece maple neck-thru, mahogany body, ebony fretboard, tonepros/floyd rose bridges/, EMG 707 pickups

Agile Interceptor Pro 27 Tribal Green at HomeOld

Agile Septor 727 Black Flame at HomeOld

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the older Ibanez 7's like my RG2027 and RG2127 have a rounder neck but they are still sort of flat in the centre. At that thickness you are not going to get a round neck. Don't be scared of a slightly thicker neck if it has a nice shape to it, my experience is that shape has a bigger impact on comfort and playability then thickness.

The 707 is not the best pickup, there is no best pickup. I can not tell you if it is the best pickup for you but it's not bad with the 18v mod.