A Little Advice or Suggestions

• Thread starter jemandvai
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jemandvai

Reaction score
I posted a video a couple days ago of me playing on YouTube. It is 2 years old and ill be the first to admit not the greatest. In 2 years i have improved a lot. I am going to start posting videos more often. I have purchased a USB interface and i will be able to mix so it doesn't have horrible quality.

I was wondering if anyone regularly post videos on YouTube and if so, do you have any advice for me?? Things to do, to keep in mind, to watch out for or any advice for that matter. Any input would be great.

Below is the link to the video. Check it out and even leave some comments on what you think. Keep in mind it was recorded on my phone ( has decent quality though). I realize this song isnt the most challenging song nor requires a 7 to be played but it was my first 7 and i just had to play something.

Slipknot - Psychosocial ( cover ) - YouTube

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Well, I'll tell you this, you don't need much to make a good-looking or good-sounding video. If you're using an amp, play with headphones and then sync up the actual song with your video. You can do this using any video editing software (I've been using Windows Live Movie Maker LOL). That's pretty much it. I don't have any microphones or USB interfaces, I just crank my amp and play, and I think my videos aren't too bad sound quality wise.

Here's my channel so you can see what I'm talking about:

noobsauce's Channel - YouTube

The most important thing is to have fun!

Aerospace274

Scotty G!
Reaction score
Straighten out your left wrist if you can, best advice I can give. No need for it to be perfectly straight but it's best if it's not bent like an L. Also, relax a bit! Drop your shoulders and have fun when you play, get into the rhythm and what not! It helps me to play my best usually! :hbang:

Other than that, looks pretty damn good to me! :yesway:

Latest posts

')