A little clip of mine

• Thread starter nine squares
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nine squares

Reaction score
I´ve gotten amazed by the recordings many of you have made here at the forum so I am starting to get a little shy about posting my own shit, BUT the last thing you wanna be is a pussy right?

Anyway, as I think I´ve said before some time ago I´m not good at guitartech stuff and amps and I hate to read haha. But when I hear something good I try to get after it. I fell in love with Mesa amps a while ago and want one really badly but I think my girlfriend would kill me :lol: So I try to imitate it as good as a guy like me can do with the podxt, hope you all can give me some directions.

You will find a clip here Music page of My Evidence project - MP3 music page on SoundClick

and its called "Drum Bus Comp". A friend of mine told me it was "too dirty" but I dont know..

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmmm

Reaction score
Cool man, i enjoyed a lot :hbang:

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
slighgtly unrelated, but i well like that 'out of time' tune. can totally see how vocals would go over that.

what patch were you using?

H

nine squares

Reaction score
slighgtly unrelated, but i well like that 'out of time' tune. can totally see how vocals would go over that.

what patch were you using?

H

hey cool. jeah I guess its quite "friendly" in terms of putting vocallines over it, give it a try if your up to it. seriously it would be awsome. feel free to change the title as well.

about my patch, on the new clip I´m using my own little tweaks with the L6 Hi Gain and stuff. trying to get the hell away from the big bottom I used to try out.

and thx to everyone else! but does it sound anything at all like a Mesa head? lol

Ruins

Reaction score
my wife really liked that short clip because of this sounds in the beginning :lol:
good job

Newkie

Jag har en plan.
Reaction score
The song is awesome and the guitars sound great but what really got me was the snare sound. I love that snare! It just sounds so good and perfectly fitting for the song.
Väldigt grymt broder! :metal:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice shit, man! :yesway:

I like the drums sounds in the new clip better... whatever you did, they sound better, more live; you can hear each instrument in the kit clearly.

I have no clue if the guitar tone sounds like a MESA... who cares, it sounds awesome!

Nice job! Looking forward to more!

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
this sounds shit man!! Hahah..nah, just kidding :)
You know i like it alot you swedish metalmonstah :) ...and uhmmm...im kinda yealous of that tone man! I HATE trying to get my guitars to sound good!

nine squares

Reaction score
The party whistles make the song!!! :lol:

:metal:

Nice shit, man! :yesway:

I like the drums sounds in the new clip better... whatever you did, they sound better, more live; you can hear each instrument in the kit clearly.

I have no clue if the guitar tone sounds like a MESA... who cares, it sounds awesome!

Nice job! Looking forward to more!

ty! I just realized I havent seen your answer until now and the thing about the Mesa was my main question so thanx.

The song is awesome and the guitars sound great but what really got me was the snare sound. I love that snare! It just sounds so good and perfectly fitting for the song.
Väldigt grymt broder! :metal:

ey en stockholmare! thank you dude!

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
wow man you got such an amasing mix!! sounds pro, and great mix on drums too, veryvery well done:metal:

nine squares

Reaction score
wow man you got such an amasing mix!! sounds pro, and great mix on drums too, veryvery well done:metal:

haha thank you for listening! allthough i don´t think it sounds pro in any way, still working on it.

IconW

Reaction score
Hey you rock man!

Love the start for the song. :D
Overall great mix and beefy guitarsound.
Keep it up!

btw....This track reminds me Bulb somehow. Not so fucked-up :)D) of course but somehow...maybe the overall feel/guitar tone and the on-your-face drumsound (which is grrreat!)

')