A little help troubleshooting

• Thread starter Eryalus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eryalus

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this isn't a tech forum but this problem just popped up and I was wondering if you guys would have any advice before I take my computer to a tech.

Anyways, earlier this evening I was browsing the internet, and alt tabbed to a different window, when this happened my comp locked up and I got a bsod, which led to a reset before I could see the error code. Now my computer freezes at the post screen (the little logo you get before windows starts booting, where you can access bios and stuff). I know this is caused by a hardware issue, and I tried the easier fixes of resetting CMOS and reinserting my ram. I'm currently at a loss and will take it to a tech tomorrow, but I noticed while trying to fix the issue my disk drive was stuck shut, maybe causing some kind of error, I dunno. This is a laptop btw, so I can't get too deep into the guts of it.

Anyways any help is appreciated, thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
If your laptop is old it could be anything but in my experience if it freezes before you can enter you password, it's generally because of the cpu (pre loading the os is very cpu heavy). So maybe applying thermal paste on the cpu would do the trick. Although as I said if your computer is old your gpu might be dead.

Usually when you reboot the hard way there's a screen where you can choose either to boot normally or in safe mode. Do you see this screen ?

')