A little Math Rock EP

ToMurderAMachine

Reaction score
I know the mix is terrible, and the music is out there a bit, but I wrote this little EP more so just to see if I could. Eventually I'd like to re-release these tunes with better mixes and such, but in the mean time there's some fancy guitar work to check out. (despite that I'm normally a bass player). Long story short, the formula goes (Left guitar, Right guitar, Bass, Fake drums.)

Enjoy! (tips for mixing or anything like that is great. Hating on it is also great. thank you in advance!)

:shred:

http://tomurderamachine.bandcamp.com/album/programmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ilmari

Reaction score
To my taste, the bass was kinda lost in the mix sometimes, it could be be a tad louder and lower the volume of the guitars a notch.
But overall I enjoyed it, nice cheerful and melancholic vibe. :yesway:

ToMurderAMachine

Reaction score
^ thank you sir! glad you took the time to listen!

EDIT: I do want to add in however, during the first track, if you listen closely, the bass is literally doing EXACTLY what the guitar does. Even the spastic little tapping riffs. The bass does sound quite buried though. Also, the whole thing is over-compressed and really crushed. Can't figure out how to make it sound more "wide".

Latest posts