A mother's journey (pulitzer 2007)

• Thread starter nikt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I moved this to P&CE where it will hopefully get more visibility. It was bound to get lost in Off Topic.

I just discovered that you can turn on the captions. That just made it ten times worse. :(

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Having perfect kids is a lot more rare than you'd think. This is just part of a mother's love. Your kids are EVERYTHING to you. Mine both have their issues, and you deal with them, no matter how horrible it seems to the outside world. No doubt that mother still lived for that child's smile and happiness, and lived to make that child know that her love was unconditional.

The final picture shows the dual feelings of missing your child, as no child should die before it's parent, and the understanding that this being is finally out of the pain and misery that was everyday life.

In life, we all have to play the cards we're dealt.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It things like this that really bring home how unfair life is. There are countless people out there who are truly evil and continue living quite happily, yet that poor boy had to suffer all of that before having his life cut short before it had really begun. That's something no parent should have to go through.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
It things like this that really bring home how unfair life is. There are countless people out there who are truly evil and continue living quite happily, yet that poor boy had to suffer all of that before having his life cut short before it had really begun. That's something no parent should have to go through.

I think about pictures like this whenever some politician tells me that stem cell research is morally wrong, and that federal funding shouldn't be used to support it. I don't know if it would have helped this child, but the fact that it has the possibility to cure so many problems makes me extremely frustrated and angry with any roadblocks to medical progress.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Let me guess, they're all religious too? I think the church has done more to hinder scientific research and delay possible cures for diseases than any other organisation.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Let me guess, they're all religious too? I think the church has done more to hinder scientific research and delay possible cures for diseases than any other organization.

I've found that a tragedy like this does one of two things: strengthens faith to the point where an individual is incapable of questioning any of their beliefs, or destroys their faith completely. There really is no in between ground.