A new bridge for my new RGA7?

• Thread starter migreeni
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

migreeni

Reaction score
Howdy! Just got myself an RGA7 w/Lundgren M7's. Sweeeeet. I think the bridge is a bit bulky, so has anyone got any suggestions on what to replace it with? I like the floyd rose feel, but dislike the actual floyd rose. I heard Kahler makes pretty good bridges also. Your thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
You're probably going to have to do a fair bit of work to get any other trems in there.

Honestly I prefer original and lo pro edge trems (Ibanez) to any other trem, but the trem on yours would be among my least favorites. Have you tried taking out the extra springs?

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Oh you meant you hate "THE" floyd rose, I thought you meant the floyd rose style bridge that was on it. Sorry, you originally had RGD7 in your OP so I thought it had an Edge Zero.

Yeah, if you want a Kahler, I'd probably go with one, I believe they require the least amount of routing, and are probably the smoothest trem system you can find.

migreeni

Reaction score
Oh you meant you hate "THE" floyd rose, I thought you meant the floyd rose style bridge that was on it. Sorry, you originally had RGD7 in your OP so I thought it had an Edge Zero.

Yeah, if you want a Kahler, I'd probably go with one, I believe they require the least amount of routing, and are probably the smoothest trem system you can find.

Yeah, epic typo, sry.

I used to play the ESP SC608B and still loooove the bridge on that one. I think it was a Hipshot. Kinda like this one: 7 String Fixed .125 Guitar Bridge Black > Store > Hipshot Products

Anyone ever compared Hipshots vs. Kahlers? The Gibraltar that's on the guitar now is kinda on the way when chugging those low tunes...

')