A new song with my new guitar, "Eternity".

Taylord

Reaction score
Hey dudes, I finished up a new song today, which started with the test clip I made up to show off my new Carvin DC700H with the Juggernaut set. Also used my Protone Bulb OD into the AxeII. Any critique or insight into improvements in arrangement or the mix is greatly appreciated

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/taylord-2/eternity[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jerm

Reaction score
sounds pretty good.

are you double tracking each rhythm guitar?

RunawayThumbtack

Reaction score
Welp, from a fellow Carvinite who impulse-bought the BOD when it got re-released recently and just got his hands on an Ultra, I must say that I like your taste in gear!

I like the songwriting, especially your clean lines. One question: on the quick "chicks" on the guitar (not sure what they're called, but where you mute with both hands and make just a quick, percussive pick), are you doing them all as downstrokes? It sounds like you might want to experiment with using upstrokes on the quick successive strokes in order to preserve the tempo and get a little more aggressive an attack.

As for the track, it seems to be lacking low mids and bass frequencies; element that you could stand to boost include the kick, the meat of the bass, and have a little more thump on your rhythm guitars. If you have a cut in the 200's (or thereabouts) or an aggressive hi-pass on the guitars, you can certainly back off on it/them without having to worry about problems with muddiness; the "attack" mode on the BOD does a great job in preserving clarity as it is.

I hope this is all helpful for you; thanks for sharing!

')