A plugin your mix cannot go without?

• Thread starter Psyy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ManuelB

Guitar maniac
Reaction score
Yea. I just don't think you and I were 1% of SSO then. :lol:

I like recorded ones though, but if you take a look at how much effort you have to put in to record really good sounding drums (and in the end it often sounds shitty by comparing it to programmed ones) and how easy it is to just programming them, I think it's not worth the work for normal homerecording purposes. Apart from that a real drummer makes mistakes and sometimes isn't playing tight, the machine is :lol: (Sounds like we're getting into the Matrix asap)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I miss slampop, and this is a wicked example of his drummer, the mix on these drums for this track was beastly.

Can't wait to start live tracking when my drummer gets his mics in.

It's nice and compressed, but that snare has a serious ring going on. o_O

Reaction score
Softube FET comp (particularly on snare), waves api-2500 comp. This thing is a beast on drums. Also waves REQ is my main equalizer.

Another plugin I always have is T-racks Meters. It has a spectrum analyzer, monitors db, perceived loudness, phase, etc. Very useful, for mastering in particular. Its honestly the only useful thing in T-racks, other than the opto compressor imo.

tvboy123

Reaction score
Some of my fave plugins are:
Limiting/loudness plugins -
Izotope Ozone 4
Waves L2
PSP MixSaturator 2
Logic Adlimit or whatever it's called

EQ -
Sonnox EQ
Waves SSL

Compressors -
Waves CLA76 on vox
Waves API 2500 on drums
Logic's built in compressor on guitars

Vocal Tuning/fake harmonies:
Celemony Melodyne
Autotune

VST:
Superior Drums - not really processed
Steven Slate Drums - Already processed, just need parallel compression to make them sound more alive

Those would be my go to plugs for any situation really.

')