A question for the americans in the audience

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Another unhinged leftist who can't aim just like the Bernie supporter who shot Steve Scalise.

If it was Kyle Rittenhouse he wouldn't have missed.

Seems it's only allowed for one side to shoot their political enemies...

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
You're talking about the Baldwin thing I'm guessing. Stop watching Court TV and go play your guitar. LOL.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So a congressman wasn't shot? Man I made it up....

James Hodgkinson look it up.
I'm so lost. I don't know anything about James Hodgkinson, and I found a story from 2017. Are we talking about that? Why now? Something show up in the news recently about this guy?

lost_horizon

Reaction score
I'm so lost. I don't know anything about James Hodgkinson, and I found a story from 2017. Are we talking about that? Why now? Something show up in the news recently about this guy?
Yup shot at Steve Scalise and hit him at the all Congress baseball game, the shooter was shot up pretty bad. Old Bernie supporter who thought they were gonna take healthcare away.

In a 2021 report, the FBl classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, and the perpetrator of the shooting as a 'domestic violent extremist" with a "personalized violent ideology"

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yup shot at Steve Scalise and hit him at the all Congress baseball game, the shooter was shot up pretty bad. Old Bernie supporter who thought they were gonna take healthcare away.

In a 2021 report, the FBl classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, and the perpetrator of the shooting as a 'domestic violent extremist" with a "personalized violent ideology"
OK, yeah, I found that article. I just wasn't sure why we were talking about that in this thread. I mean, this is America - we don't have to go back 7 years to find someone shooting at people, lol.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
For real, all those guns and you don't even know how to use them?

In the hands of professionals.

8938973246277859168.jpg

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Clearly the time-traveler has failed in his mission to prevent the downfall of America. Maybe they could try again with Hitler.
What a sage response, if the sides were flipped every leftist would be losing it and Trump would have already been imprisoned already for insurrection. Just imagine it.

zappatton2

Reaction score
What a sage response, if the sides were flipped every leftist would be losing it and Trump would have already been imprisoned already for insurrection. Just imagine it.
I don't think any form of political violence solves anything, but let's be honest. Both the intelligence community in the US, and here in Canada, acknowledged that the vast majority of domestic political violence and terrorist activity is coming from the growth of the extremist right.

Presuming that the shooter here is indeed a "leftist" (without any knowledge of motive ATM), it's kind of hard to look at the current agenda of the right, the desire to politicize the civil service, lay waste to civil rights, jail wide swathes of Americans (more so), leave women's reproductive rights to the mercy of states still in the middle ages, villainize immigrants and the transgender community, and very genuinely erase the division between religion and state, and not conclude that a lot of people are feeling threatened in a very real way with the very real possibility of theocratic fascism taking root. This is a real threat, one that many were warning us about back in the 80's, and people are scared. It really can happen here.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another unhinged leftist who can't aim just like the Bernie supporter who shot Steve Scalise.

If it was Kyle Rittenhouse he wouldn't have missed.

Seems it's only allowed for one side to shoot their political enemies...

Explain how this is “allowed”. Also, have you forgotten about the Kennedy boys, or how America spent most of the 1960s? Is that what we’re going to do, relive the 1960s, only with shit music this time?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I was a firearms instructor for a short period and a range safety for most my adult life so far, as well as having done a few years with the Army. Any avid shooter would agree with this - most people that buy guns can't shoot.

It's the same as guitar, you gotta practice and train. Owning guns doesn't make you good, just like owning a guitar doesn't make you Vai, Becker, Loomis, etc.

Edit - I'll also compare it to martial arts. Just because you took classes doesn't make you a certified killer. Shooting takes a lot of practice, and is perishable. On top of that, most people don't train realistically or ever train with moving targets. It's a big skill that generally takes a decent amount of time to build.
IME most people in the military (outside of combat arms) are dogshit at shooting too. I spent way too much time on ranges doing medical coverage and watching people barely scrape by with a 23/40. There are definitely outliers in noncombat MOSes, but those are people that handle firearms regularly and shoot more than once a year.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Are you from the US originally? I don’t know much about Australian politics, but I figured with gun laws being so different in Australia than the US, that you would look down on the random shootings in the US. You’ve picked out a case from 7 years ago, and this case, and are making this into a left vs right thing, but we have no evidence to show that this is anything other than someone being crazy with a gun. Is this generally the view of Australians, or are you a fan of right wing US politics?

To be clear, I havent researched this shooting, do I don’t know if this was a leftist person that did the shooting, or if the media is in some way saying it’s ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')