A quick Vst Mastering Tutorial...a gift from me to you

• Thread starter Slampop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
i have no idea if anyone has ever posted this here, or if anyone from here is the one who originally created it, hahaha (Mattayus), but it's pretty dead on to the basic concepts most mastering tutorials cover, that i have read anyway. i have only taken what i like from this to suit my mix thus far, and have learned a bit more from it in general, and if you guys don't have the plugins, just use whatever you got that is similar. anyway, i just thought i would share :yesway:

Cheers dudes! :pops:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h504mlb2dzw

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for posting this man! :D gonna check this one out for sure!

Dylan S

Reaction score
This is awesome but a lot of it is out of my league/knowledge. :lol:

I will do my best to try and make the most of it though. :)

Slampop

Reaction score
hey dudes, sorry to bump this, but i actually posted this a while ago and forgot how useful it was for the beginning stages of learning how to master, and that it might come in handy for a lot of you guys. especially those that have joined this past year! :)

RiffRaff

Reaction score
Thanks dude. :yesway:

This is awesome as I'm going to start recording this year and I'm eager to get through a lot of this stuff to see how the magic happens. Cheers man. :cheers:

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
I use Izotope Ozone 4, which is a great mastering tool. however it's not very subtle and boosts the hell out of my mixes, but it basically does all of that.

look into it, guys.

:)

Nostrildamus

Reaction score
That's great stuff. I'd love to see this coupled with a mixing tutorial with your actual tracks with a like description on what you do to each.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Thanks! I never master anything I've done cause I'd probably make it sound worse; hopefully this will alleviate that!

Plankis

Reaction score
Ohh, that's lots of plugins going on. I tend to fix things in the mix instead of doing so much on the masterbus.

You didn't write so much about how to set the different vst's. I was mainly thinking about the multiband comp. That's a really powerful tool that can alter the tone completely and ain't that easy to tweak. Here's a tutorial that shows how to set it up to YOUR mix. BenVesco.com Mastering
It's in the modern mastering chapter.
There's lots of good info in that blogg not just about the mastering.

Slampop

Reaction score
thanks dude, but i didn't make the tutorial, it's just something i found last year and posted it, i only used maybe half of the plugins. i just bumped it because it can definitely be a decent start to play around with. i am actually learning how to master/working on mastering my e.p. this week at this studio!!! i live a block away from the place actually, been inside it before, but my buddy actually knows the engineer there, who just so happens to looove my e.p., as well as digs my mix big time! he has offered to teach me how to master/help me master my e.p. for free! letting me have final say of course. really awesome guy, who also happens to know my drummer really well too! small world!!! :hbang:

Img0003.gif

Img0001.gif

Img0007.gif

these pics are actually reeally old, and a lot of this has been upgraded to Mac's etc. UUUUUBER SAUCE NOW!!

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
That looks like an Otari Elite console, got one of them at my uni, with NS10s as it happens.

Trying to download that pdf but it seems mediafire is acting up right now. If you really wanna get into mastering get Bob Katz's Mastering Audio book. It's intense but a good read.

Slampop

Reaction score
thanks dude, i'll definitely check it out. i actually just "light weight" got a job at this studio, and they are teaching me everything i need to know! ;) this is the same studio that records E40, Snoop Dawg etc., but the engineer is actually a metal head...thank goodness! ...don't ask me how i fell into this! :lol:

Latest posts

')