A salute.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
To one of my favorite musicians and songwriters.

Co-Admin of ss.org, forum god and all around nice fuckin' guy, my buddy Josh, has sold off all of his gear and decided to, sadly, toss in the towel after 15 or so years.

Here's some of his playing.

Sucks, but he made some great music.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
And here is some more.

"You can tell by the way I seek pity,
But won't ask for a helping hand.
Down that road you maybe someday,
I can show who I am.

Deep inside feels like nothing I'll mention,
Despite good wishes and good intentions.
You can say this is easy, you may have,
But you don't know who I am."

:yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well that sucks that he just quit like like that.

Oh well, priorities, i guess.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Im an old married player so I can understand why he tossed in the towell. When your single you can do things to skimp on $ for equipment Plus you can go out every night....buying a house can be a real bear financially...and the ladies like us to be home at night....

Shit just getting married cost me an arm and a leg I sold a ton of gear and my Prize RX7...the things we do for love...

Good luck Josh but Do yourself a favor: save at least 1 guitar even if its just a cheap assed beater, it'll be better n' nuttin

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Josh. You'll be back someday. Once a musician, always a musician. Put it aside for awhile, but never give it up fully. I had to put my music aside for 2 years back in 2001 due to things going on in my life. It took a long time to get back to it, but I did, and I'm a better player and person for it.

Time will tell and hopefully you'll play again. Until then, good luck with things and have a good life for yourself.

~Vince

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
Chris said:
And here is some more.

"You can tell by the way I seek pity,
But won't ask for a helping hand.
Down that road you maybe someday,
I can show who I am.

Deep inside feels like nothing I'll mention,
Despite good wishes and good intentions.
You can say this is easy, you may have,
But you don't know who I am."

:yesway:

send these lyrics to his wife, and tell her that they were written about her. Then BAM! No more wife, and welcome back the world of guitars! ;)

I hate to say it, but I probably wouldnt pick guitars over my girl either. Of course it helps that A) we arent married B) she also plays guitar. :D

')