A vid of me messing around on the 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :wub:

Yeah, Vince, I love my S 7420 alot more now the more I play it. It's been set up real nice and it's very comfortable. I also love the sound of the Mahogany and the neck pickup sounds really nice. I think the bridge pickup could use a replacement however. :agreed:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The video camera made the audio sound a little fizzy (because of how loud the amp was?), but, besides that, really nice playing, cool sweeps, and a really nice guitar! :metal:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :wub:

Yeah, Vince, I love my S 7420 alot more now the more I play it. It's been set up real nice and it's very comfortable. I also love the sound of the Mahogany and the neck pickup sounds really nice. I think the bridge pickup could use a replacement however. :agreed:

I strongly suggest a Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge. It's an absolutely sweet sounding pickup and perfect for that heavy mahogany guitar. That's what I use, and while I prefer a more midrange-heavy pickup for live use, the JB in a mahogany S series is my main recording guitar. It just sounds heavy and tight with an amazing lead sound.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! You got nice chops too, i've seen those vids. :eek:

I strongly suggest a Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge. It's an absolutely sweet sounding pickup and perfect for that heavy mahogany guitar. That's what I use, and while I prefer a more midrange-heavy pickup for live use, the JB in a mahogany S series is my main recording guitar. It just sounds heavy and tight with an amazing lead sound.

You used it for "Screaming Into The Abyss"? If so, that's a badass sound and of course Spirits Rise is the heaviest, throwdown tune. :hbang: The V7 stock bridge pickup seems to be missing something. :shrug:

Naren, you're right. That amp is on volume 1 too. :eek:!

scamps.jpg

I was just noodlin' around. I want to incorporate an intro/solo like this. Eric Johnson was doing this back in the Electromagnets days and he does it on Cliffs Of Dover. :wub:

Faine

Playing guitar.
Reaction score
:yesway:

Do you actually use the Low B.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks! :yesway:

Yeah I did use the low B there for a second, didn't you hear it?

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering what string guage you use Shawn? And do you have the action set real low?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, that S 7420 is setup real nice (thanks, Bill. :yesway:). It is probably my best playing 7 as of now. Something with the Lo TRS (I know, crappy trem), you can set them up nice. :yesway: I use D'Addario 9-52s. Great strings! :D

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy cannoli, you've really got some killer lead chops now man! You've always been a great player, with a keen melodic sense, and you keep getting better! DAMN YOU! :fawk: :wub:

I think you need to find a nice girl, settle down, and have a few kids, then maybe the rest of us can catch up!:lol: