Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what you're seeing.

I mean, I wired them 5000 dollars as soon as I saw that picture on the last page but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

giphy.gif

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I have, and because of that I can totally see the sudden change in attitude, but I've also learned that it's a very childish thing to do. Of course, being stubborn is too, I mean if Abasi actually becomes a prospering guitar company then it would be stupid to hate them forever because they had a rough start but man, to give a very rough example, it feels like if a child molester suddenly cured cancer when it comes to reading this thread.

Comparing production/delivery issues to someone molesting a child is more than a little whack my dude, you got your point across earlier. You think people flip flop, but that's not the case. Now please stop while you're ahead because this last comment is absolutely moronic :rofl:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I have, and because of that I can totally see the sudden change in attitude, but I've also learned that it's a very childish thing to do. Of course, being stubborn is too, I mean if Abasi actually becomes a prospering guitar company then it would be stupid to hate them forever because they had a rough start but man, to give a very rough example, it feels like if a child molester suddenly cured cancer when it comes to reading this thread.
I think it’s probably more that we’ve seen so many small guitar companies come out with good intentions, then stumble, then implode, so when one regains its footing we cheer like it’s a Disney movie where the nerd just scored a touchdown. (And I think my analogy is probably less caustic than yours :lol:) In fact, Max has it right - no one is forgiving any prior transgressions, but if a customer actually avoids getting screwed over that’s a good thing.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully whoever ordered gets a solid guitar. If anyone still places an order with these guys and they run into issues again down the road... well.... the signs were all there. lol

It's incredible seeing the difference in launches between Solar and Wasabi Guitars

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I think it’s probably more that we’ve seen so many small guitar companies come out with good intentions, then stumble, then implode, so when one regains its footing we cheer like it’s a Disney movie where the nerd just scored a touchdown. (And I think my analogy is probably less caustic than yours :lol:) In fact, Max has it right - no one is forgiving any prior transgressions, but if a customer actually avoids getting screwed over that’s a good thing.

I think the point is more like people sort of acted like they DID regain their footing when in actuality all it is is a single guitar we've seen. lol

I hope for the best, obviously, but I don't have high hopes yet. I'll be happier once we see a handful more of them.

Which is likely the only point dude was making. On the plus side, the one guitar we did see, while not my personal cup of tea (I like color,) looks to be in good order. Better than the whole s7g "no guitars for a long time then suddenly wooooooooorm hooooooooooles, you should be ecstatic that you got the privilege of woooooooorm hooooooles, you should've paid a premium but didn't because we're awesome."

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Nobody here wants to see a guitar company fail and people out of pocket with nothing to show. So many of us have been burnt badly which is why the pitchforks come out when we see troubling signs. So when we see finished guitars we can't help but be relieved.

Although nothing counts until the customer has a functional playable guitar in their hands.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
It's an 8 minute video, and the guitar isn't shown until the video is more than 50% over. And then after about 45 seconds, it's then pulled out-of-frame for another 30+ seconds.:hber:

Looks nice, though.
So I took out my stopwatch app while on a boring conference call. In the 8:22 video, the guitar (at least about 1/2 of it) is only on screen for 1:21, and almost all of that is half off-camera, and none of those were close-ups. There is literally more footage, almost double, of just the empty case.

This annoys me more than those hipster-chic promo videos.

Last edited:

Avedas

Reaction score

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I like the part where he yells out FLAME MAPLE and shows the camera the neck to reveal the single stripe of flame in the very middle of the neck :lol:

Stoked for him, guy seems really excited to get it.

@zwen

Reaction score
I’m actually stoked off this company. I love their current artist roster too. Stephen Tittyfucking Taranto is unreal.

Joan Maal

Reaction score
It's an 8 minute video, and the guitar isn't shown until the video is more than 50% over. And then after about 45 seconds, it's then pulled out-of-frame for another 30+ seconds.:hber:

Looks nice, though.

I cant see shit :guns:

')