Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Looks cool to me. I can't imagine that neck joint actually would impede any playing.

I like how the fretboard is much wider now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Craftsmanship looks good from the pics.

I can't understand why they made the fretboard so much wider. The whole point was to have thinner string spacing that a regular guitar on a thinner fretboard so the 8s would be closer to the width of a 7 string fretboard.

fcanopqmosh3okl5tkxc.jpg
nqukjmivgo06x9izpm9q.jpg

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That’s a lot of extra fretboard. It looks normal at the low end then widens our faster than the string spacing as it approaches.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I kind of like the excess fretboard. String spacing looks good, and you're in zero danger of bending strings off the fretboard. Not really a huge issue in general, but it looks snug and comfy way up in the higher register.

gienek

Reaction score
Really im not a fan of tight string spacing. I think this design counteracts playability IMO.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Just saw this on Twitter.
b365a64189ffcefe905b00a8847cc577499021.jpg

I don't know, pretty cool to me. I was going to go check out something else in that store on Friday anyway, so I can let you know (if I don't come across as the guy that's asking to play everything with no intention to buy).

You take your chances at G-Club. You may have better luck at Miyaji in Kanda. They seem a bit more laid back than G-Club and not as tightly packed. They have the biggest selection of these as well as the older Falbo Laradas. Of course, that's on the other side of town. It looks like Miyaji discounted the older guitars to match the prices of the new ones.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just saw this on Twitter.
You take your chances at G-Club. You may have better luck at Miyaji in Kanda. They seem a bit more laid back than G-Club and not as tightly packed. They have the biggest selection of these as well as the older Falbo Laradas. Of course, that's on the other side of town. It looks like Miyaji discounted the older guitars to match the prices of the new ones.

Yea, I went with my friend when he bought his Dusenberg there so they're maybe cool with trying out a bunch. Not really a fan of the ones they have though.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I bought a bass from G-Club (via Reverb; I'm in the US), and it was smooth transaction. They seem like good people.

Oh, and the really good news about the wider fretboards: I don't think there would need to be massive CNC-programming changes to implement a straight-scale Floyd 8 now. The Floyd 8 has such wide string spacing, the strings looked really really really close to the edge on the original batch. Now, this neck will easily accommodate the Floyd 8, so they'd just need to program for straight-scale fret slots and to place the bridge etc.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
I bought a bass from G-Club (via Reverb; I'm in the US), and it was smooth transaction. They seem like good people.

Online, they are great. I've bought from Kurosawa (G-Club is part of Kurosawa) online and it was fine. Going to one of the stores and trying out a lot of guitars can be hit or miss depending on the staff.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Oh I really dislike when there isn't enough room for the high E and it slips off while playing. It was the reason Ibanez changed from 66mm to 68mm necks on their 7s. But the point of the thinner spacing and fretboard width was so they wouldn't feel so bulky accommodating 8 strings and be closer to the width of a 7.

It looks like they added on about 3mm to the fretboard unless they've made the string spacing even smaller. Hard to know unless you compared the two models.

')