Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Well 2 guitars out in the wild (and looking quite nice) is certainly a step up from none. Gives me hope that maybe we'll start seeing more of them in the near future. Would be really cool to see such a shit show turn into a happy ending. Especially because I just like Tosin as a person, let alone an artist. (Plus all the folks who dumped tons of cash into this getting what they paid for for once..)

Vede

Reaction score
So, whatever happened to Abasi Guitars? I like the look of them, but since the production shakeup at the start of the year, have any more instruments actually been built and shipped out to customers? Did the company die and I missed it, or are they just building super low quantities and therefore flying under the radar vs., say, Solar Guitars, who seem to be everywhere by comparison?

Reaction score
Darn it....I just narrowed down my GAS to Oni (essi 7/8) or Padalka (Saturn or Pluto) and now I see Abasi made a guitar just like them, but with the pickups I love......darn it darn it darn it

What do these cost? Couldn’t find a definitive answer?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Darn it....I just narrowed down my GAS to Oni (essi 7/8) or Padalka (Saturn or Pluto) and now I see Abasi made a guitar just like them, but with the pickups I love......darn it darn it darn it

What do these cost? Couldn’t find a definitive answer?
They cost more than money as evidenced by this thread...

AltecGreen

Reaction score

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Leqtique/status/1186168718218293248

EHYeJ60UwAEI6l8

EHYeJ61U8AAAuYj

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Leqtique makes sense - Shun knows what he's doing and he's always been close to Tosin. I take it this is the import line that didn't exist officially yet was hinted at at NAMM.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Larada J? So have they moved production again?
I think these will be the main import line, what becomes of the "custom"/USA stuff remains to be seen. I'm also not sure how available these will be, or if it'll be like a Boden J stuff where it's mostly for that market

Is that a thin laminate or is the angle deceiving?
I think these are essentially just Boden J Standards with a different shape and construction. Probably the same veneer that appears on most Boden Js.

')