Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Avedas

Reaction score
The endurneck and Larada asymmetrical neck are completely different beasts. I'd say don't blind buy one but I guess there's not really another option in this case.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Gut shot. Was checking out if I could fit a fishman battery/charger
20200202_132731.jpg

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
A small lithium pack is really cheap and lasts very long on a charge. Don't have to pay huge bucks for a Fishman pack. The mah escapes me at the moment but the pack I got for my Schecter is not much bigger than a 9v and with a few hours a eek playing I think it'll last about 8 months per charge? And was $12.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I'd just prefer to have the usb recharging tbh
I hate weirdly expensive proprietary things like that. You spend huge bucks on something that only holds a good charge for a few years, then you have to buy a new proprietary thing if they even make them once yours shits the bed. 9v is always a better bet, as they've been a thing forever and will always be a thing. Maybe I'm just an old man shouting at clouds, but I'd prefer to have both options. I don't have faith that proprietary weirdness will be viable in ten years, when I know 9 volts will be around in 50 years.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I hate weirdly expensive proprietary things like that. You spend huge bucks on something that only holds a good charge for a few years, then you have to buy a new proprietary thing if they even make them once yours shits the bed. 9v is always a better bet, as they've been a thing forever and will always be a thing. Maybe I'm just an old man shouting at clouds, but I'd prefer to have both options. I don't have faith that proprietary weirdness will be viable in ten years, when I know 9 volts will be around in 50 years.
Most phones used MiniUSB like 10 years ago and now those chargers are harder to come by since the change to MicroUSB and more recently USB Type-C.
The rechargeable packs are cool and I love new tech but reliability and availability really side with 9-volts in this case.

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
They're not really all that proprietary at all lol Got two BiLT guitars with 3 onboard pedals plus a midi XY pad that require more power than you can get from a 9V battery throughout a show. Its all just power storage and delivery lol For my use a USB rechargeable tends to make more sense than having to bulk buy 9Vs lol

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Most phones used MiniUSB like 10 years ago and now those chargers are harder to come by since the change to MicroUSB and more recently USB Type-C.
The rechargeable packs are cool and I love new tech but reliability and availability really side with 9-volts in this case.

This is correct. On top of that, batteries do degrade over time. The packs are super fucking cool for the moment, but in ten years I'm betting tech will change to the point where you won't be able to buy new ones... Which isn't the end of the world, since you can always have a guitar routed for 9v, but I'd bet big money that you won't be able to get the battery packs like they have now in 10 years.

edit:

They're not really all that proprietary at all lol Got two BiLT guitars with 3 onboard pedals plus a midi XY pad that require more power than you can get from a 9V battery throughout a show. Its all just power storage and delivery lol For my use a USB rechargeable tends to make more sense than having to bulk buy 9Vs lol

Talk to me in 5-10 years, we'll see if tech doesn't evolve and they still make these niche products. lol

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Battery and power delivery isn't gonna change, just the connector which is easy enough to switch lol It's hardly niche

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
This is correct. On top of that, batteries do degrade over time. The packs are super fucking cool for the moment, but in ten years I'm betting tech will change to the point where you won't be able to buy new ones... Which isn't the end of the world, since you can always have a guitar routed for 9v, but I'd bet big money that you won't be able to get the battery packs like they have now in 10 years.

edit:

Talk to me in 5-10 years, we'll see if tech doesn't evolve and they still make these niche products. lol
The worst case scenario here is that you desolder a couple of cables and solder on the new battery pack if Fluence is still a thing, or a massively abundant 9V clip and go back to those, right?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the threaded inserts are a nice touch

should be the industry standard imo. wood screws belong in decks, not on guitars

Meh. I've had more trouble with anchors than not. Necks seldom are seated perfectly flat and tight in the pocket when you go to put the neck on and inserts get cross threaded pretty easily.

I've had some real nightmares with anchors.

1.) I've had them cross thread while coming out, make it out of the recess but not come loose from the machine screw, so they spin and ream out the hole so that they no longer lock.

2.) I've had anchors back out along with the machine screw all the way through the body, blowing out the hole through the body and causing paint damage.

3.) I've had anchors thread into the neck seemingly straight but it turns out they were cockeyed, so that machine screw tighens fully and seats flat(ish) but none of the other screws will actually bite into their respective anchors. Or they do at odd angles and you have heel gaps, so you have to overtighten them to get it flat and you likely make one or all of the anchors sloppy in their hole.

4.) I've had machine screws cross thread into their anchors halfway through, so you're turning the screw but it's actually driving he anchor further into the hole. You get to the "bottom" but the screw isn't flush and if you keep going, it can bulge the fretboard or in extreme case, unglue it.

5.) I've had literally dozens of anchors just flat out sheer or fall apart when backing them out or screwing them in.

Wood screws are perfect fine. Ideally they should be super course with the oversized flanged/finished head and a torx. I think those were what Ran was using.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had screws sheer off in those threaded insert "anchors," as well, which is a bigger problem for me than whatever problems they solve. There are, however, times when they are more appropriate to use.

GraemeH

Reaction score
u get to the "bottom" but the screw isn't flush and if you keep going, it can bulge the fretboard or in extreme case, unglue it.

Literally had this 2 days ago with my 2nd guitar build. Driving a torx bolt into t-nuts under the fretboard to bolt the neck on. "Crack" noise, look and see a gap between the fretboard and the neck it was glued to and the t-nut has pushed up because the bolt didn't thread into the underside of it properly. Time to stop trying to be fancy...

')