ABC's take on Atheism

• Thread starter Nights_Blood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
Also in truth, every religious person is an atheist except in regards to their chosen deity.
not True.

I believe in God. but i also believe god exists as the catalyst that sparked the universe and all that exists. what's to say that God can be everything and nothing at the same time?

omnipotence.

i mostly believe that every Deity are pieces of one conscious god.

all religions can coexist, they build around 2 simple principles that are universal, much like said God him/her/itself:

live your life and love one another.

of course, i'm insane because i also believe in the simulation theory.

feel free to PM me bou that, its a lot to explain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
not True.

I believe in God. but i also believe god exists as the catalyst that sparked the universe and all that exists. what's to say that God can be everything and nothing at the same time?

omnipotence.

i mostly believe that every Deity are pieces of one conscious god.

all religions can coexist, they build around 2 simple principles that are universal, much like said God him/her/itself:

live your life and love one another.

of course, i'm insane because i also believe in the simulation theory.

feel free to PM me bou that, its a lot to explain.

So how do you take into account deities that require the existence of no other deities?

Not all gods can be the "one true god" as each deity has distinctly separate aspects of philosophy.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
God + Simulation Theory = you believe we live in an universal quantum automata?
I don't know whether that's religion or science, lol.

jeremyb

Reaction score
The atheists who strongly push their message are just as annoying and doing as much of a disservice to their kind as the religious equivalents, why not just believe what you believe and get on with life without trying to make it a big song and dance?

I don't believe in god but I'm not going to label myself, I don't feel I need to belong to a group, that seems too much like religion anyway!!

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
So how do you take into account deities that require the existence of no other deities?

Not all gods can be the "one true god" as each deity has distinctly separate aspects of philosophy.
I don't believe that.

if that were the case, then please explain christianity's Trinity.

"one god in three parts"

it's the same way i view all other deities.

and note Jesus didn;t agree with everything God said in his laying of laws so either two things now become plausible:

the former, God's personalities split up, much like the Greek/roman Gods / Hindu's forms of polytheism

OR

Jesus and God were not the same being

either is fine in my book, and doesnt mess with my theory much at all.

because separate parts can disagree ( even body parts/organs do, like when organs get rejected, theyre still part of tyhe body until theyre completely destroyed)

and if Jesus wasn;t God incarnate then that just means we're stuck with the one god who is part of the system of gods and is jealous, playing back into option 1.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
God + Simulation Theory = you believe we live in an universal quantum automata?
I don't know whether that's religion or science, lol.

basically whatever started the simulation = god in the simplest of terms, which leave a lot of mess behind, but the explanation works in its basic form and looks pretty without big scientific terms. :p

Zehailiu

Reaction score
I'm not well read on any simulation theory, maybe I should get into that, but a quick question that comes to mind is how would you go about finding empirical evidence of it?

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
I'm not well read on any simulation theory, maybe I should get into that, but a quick question that comes to mind is how would you go about finding empirical evidence of it?

you can't.

we won;t know until one of two things happens:

we find out indesputable proof that it is infact NOT true or:

we hit the technological singularity and become our own technology.

when our technology becomes powerful enough to simulate an entire universe, we will be able to figure out whether or not we are truly an automaton.

i guess.

it's all a very tentative theory based around conjecture at the moment, so no one really knows much of anything :)

pink freud

Reaction score
I don't believe that.

if that were the case, then please explain christianity's Trinity.

"one god in three parts"

it's the same way i view all other deities.

and note Jesus didn;t agree with everything God said in his laying of laws so either two things now become plausible:

the former, God's personalities split up, much like the Greek/roman Gods / Hindu's forms of polytheism

OR

Jesus and God were not the same being

either is fine in my book, and doesnt mess with my theory much at all.

because separate parts can disagree ( even body parts/organs do, like when organs get rejected, theyre still part of tyhe body until theyre completely destroyed)

and if Jesus wasn;t God incarnate then that just means we're stuck with the one god who is part of the system of gods and is jealous, playing back into option 1.

But you seem to be missing the point that by having this belief you lack belief in beliefs that run counter to yours. You are still "atheist" in regards to beliefs not your own. Every person has their own concept of God. Even those who are religious. That's why from the human perspective there is an infinite number of concepts of God, as every possible perception is a separate entity. Some of those perceptions require that only the preferred deity exist.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
you can't.

we won;t know until one of two things happens:

we find out indesputable proof that it is infact NOT true or:

we hit the technological singularity and become our own technology.

when our technology becomes powerful enough to simulate an entire universe, we will be able to figure out whether or not we are truly an automaton.

i guess.

it's all a very tentative theory based around conjecture at the moment, so no one really knows much of anything :)

Even if we have the technology to simulate an entire universe, and we simulate enough of them that eventually one evolves life JUST like us, it still doesn't help us prove whether we're in a simulation or not, but it proves that we COULD be, and that would be mind-boggling enough.
I hope IBM hurries up with the brain sims, hehe.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
But you seem to be missing the point that by having this belief you lack belief in beliefs that run counter to yours. You are still "atheist" in regards to beliefs not your own. Every person has their own concept of God. Even those who are religious. That's why from the human perspective there is an infinite number of concepts of God, as every possible perception is a separate entity. Some of those perceptions require that only the preferred deity exist.
that doesnt make you atheist.

look at the latin.

A - "without"

Theist - from Theo - "God'

if i believe their god, I am not atheist to their religion.

check. and. mate.

if that were the case then protestants would be atheists against catholics, which makes no sense, since they believe in the same god but only differe in what it takes to go to heaven

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
Even if we have the technology to simulate an entire universe, and we simulate enough of them that eventually one evolves life JUST like us, it still doesn't help us prove whether we're in a simulation or not, but it proves that we COULD be, and that would be mind-boggling enough.
I hope IBM hurries up with the brain sims, hehe.
thats true that it doesnt prove anything, but y'know, who knows?

but the proof of the possibility will spark the research into whether or not it is

and that is incredibly and infinitely mind boggling and fascinating. :)

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Since when do you apply the term atheist to those who oppose one specific religion? I thought that was just called being an asshole...

Moreover, how is it that we're ALL agnostic if some of us believe so firmly that whatever religion they choose to follow is the absolute truth?

This is the reason I don't even bother w/ religion... It seems most ppl don't even know what they themselves believe or what it's supposed to mean. Not very convincing... :lol:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
that doesnt make you atheist.

look at the latin.

A - "without"

Theist - from Theo - "God'

if i believe their god, I am not atheist to their religion.

check. and. mate.

Err...

So, if someone believes in a religion where there is only one god, and you believe in their god but not their beliefs, then you are not atheist in regards to their religion... but the members of that religion are towards other gods, right?

They disbelieve in all gods except their own god.

They are without all gods except their own god.

They are atheist towards all but their own god.

Which is exactly what was said.

Whether or not you choose to believe in anyone's god (and believing in their god(s) while saying their god is full of sh** regarding claims of being the only god is a humorous philosophical point), one has to admit that, if one follows certain faiths, they are completely without, or atheistic towards, all other gods beyond their own.

(That checkmate thing was lame, incidentally. *laugh*)

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
Err...

So, if someone believes in a religion where there is only one god, and you believe in their god but not their beliefs, then you are not atheist in regards to their religion... but the members of that religion are towards other gods, right?

They disbelieve in all gods except their own god.

They are without all gods except their own god.

They are atheist towards all but their own god.

Which is exactly what was said.

Whether or not you choose to believe in anyone's god (and believing in their god(s) while saying their god is full of sh** regarding claims of being the only god is a humorous philosophical point), one has to admit that, if one follows certain faiths, they are completely without, or atheistic towards, all other gods beyond their own.

(That checkmate thing was lame, incidentally. *laugh*)

you're missing the point. God =/= Religion.

I believe in every deity, in a way, because i believe that they're part of one universal god, by that respect, much like the Christians, there lies a big loophole in the " have no other gods before me"

and if you read the scripture, it seemed to manifest in that he ws saying "I'm a deity. don't worship money, don't worship work, worship ME", which seems to be what a lot of theologians point it towards.

also, keep in mind that the term Atheist means "without God".

period.

end of story.

as in, there is no god, none at all, not even the one i claim.

no, it is not possible to be selectively atheist.

you either believe in a god ( nullyfying said atheism)

or you don't believe in a god ( making you UNIVERSALLY atheist)

take for example, say I eat meat, but i say that all the other people who eat meat are wrong.

does that mean I'm vegetarian against their belief that eating meat is right?

no, it does not, it simply means that I believe i'm the only one that should eat meat.

(much like religious folk believe their god is the only REAL one)

also , a hypocrite, but that's not the point.

you seem to be thinking that atheist means thatthey oppose the religion.

if they don't believe in someone else's god but still believe in theirs, they aren't atheist, it's pretty cut and dry.

this type of name has different names in lots of religions, however.

(Heathens, Infidels, Gentiles, etc etc)

again, that's not atheist.

and just to acknowledge how lame it was the first time, i will repeat it:

check. and. mate.

(also, there's no disrespect meant, just making sure i dont come off like a dick.)

')