ABC's take on Atheism

• Thread starter Nights_Blood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EcoliUVA

Not Gifted
Reaction score
No.

I have actually never, EVER, seen a Jehovah's Witness with my own two eyes

They're known for their 3 inch fangs, beady eyes, and horns.

Here's a sketch I drew for public awareness:

monster_bigger.jpg

Because knowing is half the battle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I agree with Tre's comments. Religion is one thing, and then there are the people who abuse it.

Knossos

Tone Douche
Reaction score
Any faith based off cripple-murdering, gay killing, woman hating and the deeply worrying antics of Moses is pretty naturally going to be fairly invasive if people take it seriously.

shredfreak

Reaction score
^ :lol:

With what's going on in Belgium atm makes christianity more of a cussword really :lol:

No.

I have actually never, EVER, seen a Jehovah's Witness with my own two eyes

Dude, those are the funniest guys you'll ever meet resorting to everything they can (even if it's downright silly) to support their claims.

It's a very know sport for some ppl (such as myself included) to question them and drive them in the corner like a rat. Easiest way to do is to ask wheter we're all a bunch of inbreeds since there were only 2 (adam & eve) in the beginning and now there's a whole bunch of us fuckers. Then sit back & enjoy the show :agreed:

On another topic.

Christianity (and islam aswell) is nothing more then a redundant watered down version of ancient mesopotamian era religion (pretty much one of the first written down ones). Judaism did nothing more then pick their favorite god out of the whole bunch & labelled the rest as demons/devils (Islam simply picked another one).

The "entity" so to call it we know today by Christianity as their god is some 6th rank (or 7th even, can't remember for sure) nobody and they labelled his brother as the devil.

Never really though about it untill reading this topic but ppl who go to catholic schools will read little to nothing about those civilization purely because of that. I went to one myself in highschool and the stuff we had to learn about the greeks & romans was a shitload (had to memorize all of the gods too :squint:).

Mesopotamia was more like, they existed & then went away. Although it gives much more entertaining reading then either greek or roman gods really. Those fuckers were just downright vivious :lol:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
My dad is a surgeon and once he had to let a Jehovah's witness bleed to death on the operating table because their religion doesn't allow them to take blood transfusions. Nice to know that God is out for you...

On a more serious note, I take the view that since religions are man made things, then when you blame religion for problems, you are indirectly blaming mankind itself. I disagree in the view that religion is the cause of problems; if you take away religion, then there are so many other things like resources and ethnic differences that would make us bash each other across the heads. It is simply a product of human nature. And regardless of whether God is real or not, the version that people believe in here is very certainly man made.

I also feel that Aethism can be annoying. Richard Dawkins particularly annoys me, telling people what to think. You can't tell someone what to think, they are free to choose if they want to be religious, no matter how much you disagree with them. To be honest, an extremist Aethist would be just as bad as a Christian or Islamic one. "Death to the believers" or something like that, I guess.

As long as they don't tell others what to think or do, religious people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want, as long as they don't affect other people's lives in a negative way. Obviously, there are many who act in the name of a religion who do a lot of bad too and they need to be dealt with accordingly by law. Like Catholic priests who fondle little boys. No cover ups please, straight on the sex offenders register and off to jail you pop.

By the way, I'm a Buddhist :)

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I think it is sad that in todays society people call YOU crazy for not believing in god. The way i see it, is that if you really believe a man took two of every animal in the world and put them on a big boat across the world, I simply dont think your opinion should matter to anybody about common sense.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I also feel that Aethism can be annoying. ... You can't tell someone what to think, they are free to choose if they want to be religious, no matter how much you disagree with them. To be honest, an extremist Aethist would be just as bad as a Christian or Islamic one. "Death to the believers" or something like that, I guess.

As long as they don't tell others what to think or do, religious people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want, as long as they don't affect other people's lives in a negative way.

I agree- people shouldn't be told what to think. I would add that attempting to make a persuasive argument to support a position isn't telling people what to think, either. People should think for themselves and not feel captive to cultural dogma, and some atheists will contend that if you apply logic and reason to religion then you may be compelled to discredit it. That is all.

The "extremist Atheist" is a total straw man- detractors always try to equivocate atheism with a religion so they can apply the negative characterization of religious fanatics to atheists. Why would atheists want to kill people for an arbitrary reason- if anything atheists taking a more humanist approach would argue that religion often serves as the prejudice that inspires violence for arbitrary reasons.

Most religions tell people what to think or do. They also have a tendency to identify enemies of that religion and serving justification for the adherents of that religion to act towards those perceived enemies "in a negative way."

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Judaism did nothing more then pick their favorite god out of the whole bunch & labelled the rest as demons/devils (Islam simply picked another one).
Not quite. Christians believe in the same God as Jews, they just believe that this dude Jesus is the Son of God and the whole three-in-one deal. Muslims believe in the same God and Jesus, but Jesus is merely the a great, but not the greatest, prophet (Mohamed is the greatest prophet).

It's like folks that go to the same school district, but argue whether elementary, middle or high school is better.

Ray

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think it is sad that in todays society people call YOU crazy for not believing in god...
and what's even worse, is that you have to agree with their nonsense, and can't disagree, or you're the one causing problems and persecuting them.

Ray

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ This is why I believe (or disbelieve) silently avoid religious/political conversations w/ ppl I don't know (and in some cases even the ones I *do* know) as much as possible... :lol:

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
I also feel that Atheism can be annoying. Richard Dawkins particularly annoys me, telling people what to think. You can't tell someone what to think, they are free to choose if they want to be religious, no matter how much you disagree with them. To be honest, an extremist Atheist would be just as bad as a Christian or Islamic one. "Death to the believers" or something like that, I guess.

There's a big difference between telling people what to think, and listing peoples beliefs and then pointing out why they are ludicrous and downright stupid with regards to observable and proof based reality.

Dawkins annoys me too, but not once have I seen any clips of him actively telling people precisely what to think.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ I agree, or if it comes up, I try to speak objectively and not 'take a side' unless directly asked.

That's typically when ppl try to FORCE you to take a position which is the really annoying part.

"Did it ever occur to you that I might not care about these things? What are your opinions on 6 stringed vs 7 stringed guitars? Oh you don't care about that? Imagine that..." :lol:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
That's typically when ppl try to FORCE you to take a position which is the really annoying part.

"Did it ever occur to you that I might not care about these things? What are your opinions on 6 stringed vs 7 stringed guitars? Oh you don't care about that? Imagine that..." :lol:

Not caring is a cool view as well :yesway:

A

adelewhite321

addiscartoon.jpg

This is how it is the majority of the time, and I hate it. I try as hard as possible to stay out of religious debates, but somehow, religious people can never leave me alone about my beliefs. It's quite annoying.

I feel you brother! religious people usually think they are 'blessed' and we are 'cursed' so they can talk shit to us!

shredfreak

Reaction score
I feel you brother! religious people usually think they are 'blessed' and we are 'cursed' so they can talk shit to us!

Kind of a sad (or ironic even?) thing that most of these 'blessed' people don't know half as well what's in the bible. They can't accept the fact that they don't believe any of the half assed crap that's in there bacause they know it's there.

And why would any person in his right mind believe it anyways what's in there? The thing has been censored beyond all recognition across the span of about 2 millenia... It would be cool though to see a comparison between the poor excuse of a bible we have today & the real thing as it was created, only to see how extremely it's been alteraded & how much has been deleted. It'll probably be like comparing the nation registry to a home phonebook :ugh:

Most entertaining read for me was the book of enoch though, wich has been deleted from it for quite some then.

And last, forging "evidance" proves how sad christians are tbh ... the shroud being the most obvious one to point out from it and the mystical healing in lourdes being questionable at best really.

Do they still do those healing ceremonies with priests in the usa? if so i'll be flat on the floor lolling my ass off :lol:

With the current spree of pedofile priests it's quite shocking aswell really. if you do that math the amount of cases in the usa would be around 27500 (550ish in belgium & since we're only the size of a small state times 50). The church can & hopefully will be prosecuted as a criminal organisation.

To finally say something on topic :lol: (sorry for the rant)

It wouldn't surprize me in the slightest that Kagan knows a lot more about christianity & the bible then that poor reporter really.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score

In some cases I agree with you. My friend put it a good way one time: people who don't believe the same things we believe in, almost by definition, don't have the same morals or standards that we have. It's absolutely ludicrous to criticize someone for not upholding the much stricter morals that we Christians try to convey if they don't believe in it. It's incredibly hypocritical. I was taught (by my private Christian education - honestly it took me away from faith more than making it stronger) to be offended by non-believers and their "non-Christain ways." I see now how misguided that is. I'm actually really comfortable with people now that I've gone against what's been drilled in my head and accepted differing world-views.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think it is sad that in todays society people call YOU crazy for not believing in god...
and what's even worse, is that you have to agree with their nonsense, and can't disagree, or you're the one causing problems and persecuting them.

Ray

Oh wow. I got neg repped for my reply:
somebody too chicken to sign their neg rep said:
your opinions are not fact, don't be a dick.
Interesting, there were no opinions in my post, just a statement regrading events that have occurred, in other words, a fact. Thank you anonymous bible thumper for clearly illustrating how illogical and hypocritical religious folks can be.

Ray

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
It's the worst when You actually have the capacity to know there is no god and that there is no proof that Jesus of Nazareth could heal people - because You get in to these conversations with people and You just think "I wish I could free you...".

I hope I'll live to see the day when humanity is freed from these chains...

')