"Aberration" by Persaeus (Axe FX Ultra, SD2, HEAVY Djent)

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
So I wanted to try my hand at recording a real band and not just doing demos of myself for once so I told some of my buddies from back home that I would do a song for them because I love their music and just wanted something to do.

Came out a lot better than I expected, the vocals are decent but I also had no tube preamps, just a mic straight into the interface so that being said I think I made it work.

Guitars are Axe FX ultra, 5105 model, v30 cab with R121 mic on the Axe
Bass is Axe FX, the SV Bass Model with an Ampeg 8x10 impulse in Logic
Drums are SD2

Head bang!

If you like the track be sure to "Like" the band on Facebook!

Persaeus | Facebook

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/alexwade'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=10111663&scid=10111663&q=hi&ext=1" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
This track is absolutely awesome!!

Did you come up with all the tones? or was it the band's
i wish the guitar had a little more "oomph" to it but great sounding nonetheless.
either way amazing all around mix, everything comes through perfectly. :metal:

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
This track is absolutely awesome!!

Did you come up with all the tones? or was it the band's
i wish the guitar had a little more "oomph" to it but great sounding nonetheless.
either way amazing all around mix, everything comes through perfectly. :metal:

Yes I did all of the producing the band just played. And thanks!

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Fuck man! That's insane! I love how poppy the snare is. Everything sounds great, you've come along way in a short time working with that Axe Fx! :metal:

Thanks man, yeah I've definitely started taking a "less is more" approach with the Axe and getting way better results. The EQ on the amp everything is at 12:00 or 1:00.

Marmaduke

Somethingcore
Reaction score
This sounds awesome, I heard your '8 string groove' or something on youtube and absolutely loved it.

Sounds tight, bouncy and fat. Vocals are also amazing for only using a soundcard preamp!

Thanks for posting.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
The production on this is great Alex! You did a great job. Im for sure liking these fellows on facebook. They're sweet!

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Alex,

This is stellar! Are you using Metal Foundry in SD2 or the Avatar kit? Are you working from your own kit or are you using any presets? I ask because I've been literally working for DAYS to get my snare to sound decent. When I listened to this clip, then listened to my own I got very sad! Haha, it really sounds amazing!

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Alex,

This is stellar! Are you using Metal Foundry in SD2 or the Avatar kit? Are you working from your own kit or are you using any presets? I ask because I've been literally working for DAYS to get my snare to sound decent. When I listened to this clip, then listened to my own I got very sad! Haha, it really sounds amazing!

I'm using Metal Foundry and I actually started out on the "Bleed" preset from the 2.2.2 update, but I changed the kick and I'm using multi-out mode and doing my own mix on Logics mixer which is what makes the drums really shine.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention the guitar the guitarist used was an Ibanez RG7321 with stock pick ups hahaha, so if he had Bare Knuckles in it i'm sure the guitar tone would have been even more ridiculous!

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
sounds HUGE! but somnething feels like its clipping a tiny bit. i think it's the kick and snare ( AKA early Drewsif Stalin syndrome. love you drew <3)

but that's a little tiny tweak that's easy to fix.

but GOD DAMN, this band sounds massive.

')