Abominable Electronics Pedals and Effects

• Thread starter Blytheryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
IMG_0513.png

IT IS DONE. Now the wait begins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
man after watching some demos I really want a hail satan pedal. It'd be perfect for doom/high on fire esque riffs.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
To everyone mentioning the 2-3 month wait times, he's recently decided to start doing pedal batches instead to reduce wait time. When a pedal is available, it'll only be a 2-3 day wait now.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
man after watching some demos I really want a hail satan pedal. It'd be perfect for doom/high on fire esque riffs.
Since you're in the Minneapolis area, If you want to try one out your welcome to stop by and try one of the ones I have. I have Hail Satans with the normal circuit, triangle mod circuit , and a rams head circuit

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I'm in the club as of today. Unfortunately seems like I might have an issue with the distortion and boost on my Throne Torcher that I'm hoping to sort out. Would have had to have happened in shipping or I'm having a power supply issue. Wrote Abominable, so will see what they say.
Fortunately, even without the distortion and boost functioning properly, with the EQ dimed I get buzzsaw added to my red channel on my 5153, which is exactly the option I wanted to have. Sounds brutal as fuck. Hoping to get the rest sorted, but it's definitely cleaner sounding than my old MIJ HM2, but not in a bad way. Still nasty sounding.
So the big question about all the other pedals. Since the store is down and all the info is seemingly not sorted elsewhere.... What do they do? I have some figured out, but it's hard to keep track.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Since you're in the Minneapolis area, If you want to try one out your welcome to stop by and try one of the ones I have. I have Hail Satans with the normal circuit, triangle mod circuit , and a rams head circuit
yeah thanks for the offer dude, I'll Pm you about dropping by to test it.

feraledge

Reaction score
An update on my pedal, you can't run this in the loop of a 5153. No idea why, but I think it might be line level related?? Either way, in the loop, some function, but not the intended ones. In front of the amp? Dick in a pencil sharpener brutality.
Will post a NPD later tonight. No clips yet. This thing needs volume that I'm not able to give easily. Here's a pic with the box and a sticker Dylan Garrett Smith did that seems appropriate for it.
thronetorcherbox.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
An update on my pedal, you can't run this in the loop of a 5153. No idea why, but I think it might be line level related?? Either way, in the loop, some function, but not the intended ones. In front of the amp? Dick in a pencil sharpener brutality.
Will post a NPD later tonight. No clips yet. This thing needs volume that I'm not able to give easily. Here's a pic with the box and a sticker Dylan Garrett Smith did that seems appropriate for it.
You probably shouldn't use any gain pedals in the loop unless it's a clean boost or something along those lines. No offense intended, but I'm not sure why you'd want a gain pedal in the loop. Glad you figured out what was up with your pedal, though.

feraledge

Reaction score
You probably shouldn't use any gain pedals in the loop unless it's a clean boost or something along those lines. No offense intended, but I'm not sure why you'd want a gain pedal in the loop.

I've done it for years. Cleaner on the pedalboard/wiring and I like the control it gives. That said, I rarely use distortion pedals. No offense taken, there's more than one way to route your rig. Just in this case, not so much.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I've done it for years. Cleaner on the pedalboard/wiring and I like the control it gives. That said, I rarely use distortion pedals. No offense taken, there's more than one way to route your rig. Just in this case, not so much.
I see. I've never heard of anyone putting their dirt boxes in the effects loop, but there are weirder things to do with your rig. Anyways, tag me in the NPD thread when you make it.

KailM

Reaction score
You probably shouldn't use any gain pedals in the loop unless it's a clean boost or something along those lines. No offense intended, but I'm not sure why you'd want a gain pedal in the loop. Glad you figured out what was up with your pedal, though.

Actually, I've gotten really cool results by running my HM-2 in the loop of my 6505s. I can see why it might be risky for the amp because the level control on the pedal can REALLY boost the volume, but I set the level to unity gain (no louder or softer whether the pedal is on or off). With that setup, I run the gain on the pedal all the way off, and level at about 10' o-clock; EQ controls dimed. This is through the lead channel -- unboosted by any other pedals. What this achieves is basically the raw 6505 tone and tightness, but that Swedish buzzsaw and thickness added without necessarily any more gain than normal. Where this comes in handy is tight, fast riffs with palm-muting.

I've also used the pedal in front of the amp as a "clean" boost to the red channel of my 6505s and that definitely yields the "Left Hand Path" and "Ressurrection Through Carnage" tone -- but that tone is difficult to manage when the playing gets technical because everything kind of mushes together a little too much. But it is a very gnarly tone. You've probably heard this tune because I spammed it so much on SS.org but here's a track I did where I used an HM-2 in the loop of my 6505, starting at 1:39 (standard 6505 tone before that). The riffs at 4:00 were recorded with the HM-2 in front of the amp and you can tell a huge difference in how it affects the tone. Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/ur-avgrunden-han-stiger-v-20

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Actually, I've gotten really cool results by running my HM-2 in the loop of my 6505s. I can see why it might be risky for the amp because the level control on the pedal can REALLY boost the volume, but I set the level to unity gain (no louder or softer whether the pedal is on or off). With that setup, I run the gain on the pedal all the way off, and level at about 10' o-clock; EQ controls dimed. This is through the lead channel -- unboosted by any other pedals. What this achieves is basically the raw 6505 tone and tightness, but that Swedish buzzsaw and thickness added without necessarily any more gain than normal. Where this comes in handy is tight, fast riffs with palm-muting.

I've also used the pedal in front of the amp as a "clean" boost to the red channel of my 6505s and that definitely yields the "Left Hand Path" and "Ressurrection Through Carnage" tone -- but that tone is difficult to manage when the playing gets technical because everything kind of mushes together a little too much. But it is a very gnarly tone. You've probably heard this tune because I spammed it so much on SS.org but here's a track I did where I used an HM-2 in the loop of my 6505, starting at 1:39 (standard 6505 tone before that). The riffs at 4:00 were recorded with the HM-2 in front of the amp and you can tell a huge difference in how it affects the tone. Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/kailm-1/ur-avgrunden-han-stiger-v-20
Interesting. Never thought of trying a gain pedal in the loop, to be honest. And damn, that tone with the HM-2 in the loop is a fucking chaotic mess, but doesn't go off the cliff of being totally unusable. More like semi-disorganized chaos, rather than full-on sonic anarchy.

but that tone is difficult to manage when the playing gets technical because everything kind of mushes together a little too much.

I'd try rolling back your guitar volume and seeing if that helps at all. Maybe 7.5-8 or so.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
For any of you interested in snagging some cool stuff, the store will reopen on Monday morning (9AM Easternish, according to his Facebook page). All of the following will ship immediately.
4x Rattlechains
4x Cenote (last ones)
3x Hellmouth
8x Throne Torcher
8x Oppressive Cult Destroyer
1x Unholier Grail
2x Unholy Grail (last 2 of the original art)
1x Yeti Fuzz
3x Hail Satan (normal)
1x Sunnbather DI
1x Don't Shred on Me

Definitely wish I could spring for a DSOM right now.

ofu

Reaction score
So, is there a way to get a pedal, if I'm living in EU, without having to receive it through the local customs, which are enormous PITA in my country? I couldn't find anything about European dealers, and my hopes of owning a TT are slowly fading. Come on, bring the swedish chainsaw sound back home to the old motherland.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, is there a way to get a pedal, if I'm living in EU, without having to receive it through the local customs, which are enormous PITA in my country? I couldn't find anything about European dealers, and my hopes of owning a TT are slowly fading. Come on, bring the swedish chainsaw sound back home to the old motherland.

He's a small builder so either you buy from him or used from a third party and deal with the relevant laws in your country to import one or you find one for sale that somebody has already imported. Bypassing local customs is customs fraud and discussing it here is frowned upon since it's illegal.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

I bought a Hate Stomper from him directly and think I paid something like 30 Euros import fees. I just wrote it off as the necessary route to having good tone.

ofu

Reaction score
The problem isn't the custom fees and paying VAT, of course, it's the loooong waiting time for the local customs bureau to release the non-EU imported parcels and their habit to lose some of them, ending in 6-month delay period, and occasionally, in filing a case for negligence. Was just asking if there will be some european distributors with the new building order.

Didn't mean to sound shady, onlyhad my share of bad experience with buying gear from abroad. Just had to clear that. Also, I'm a lawyer. Pls no ban hammer, haha.

Latest posts

')