Abominable Electronics Pedals and Effects

• Thread starter Blytheryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I was playing around with the kemper's version of the hm-2 earlier today just to see if I even like that dimed chainsaw tone (been thinking about getting a throne torcher pedal). I hate the dimed sound but if I cut out some of the mids around 650-1200hz with a graphic eq it makes the chainsaw a lot more subtle, plus if you slightly boost the low end it gives this ridiculous chunk. The chunk plus chainsaw is so fucking brutal.
I never even knew the Kemper had an HM2, what is it called?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I never even knew the Kemper had an HM2, what is it called?
they call it the Metal DS. Some people claim it's more of metal zone copy but either way, it can still get the chainsaw sound by playing with the mid frequency settings.
here's a video a guy in the kemper group did:

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Finally got a minute to plug in the Throne Torcher! Man the LED clipping adds the perfect modern character I was hoping for. I'm going to see if I can get it down to my rehearsal studio this afternoon and dial it in through my Kemper so I can use it live for our show tonight. Thanks again tecnomancer!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesoem glad the pedal is working out for you :yesway:

I found the LED clipping mode rounded out some of the harsher high end and though it just sounded better that way.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Awesoem glad the pedal is working out for you :yesway:

I found the LED clipping mode rounded out some of the harsher high end and though it just sounded better that way.

Wait, is the LED Clipping mode when the reaper's eyes light up, or are off?

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Throne Torcher sounded huge last night! I think I set it low and level at 12:00, mid at 2:00, high at 3:00 and just a hint of gain run through the Kemper "effects loop" into the first preamp pedal slot of a Diezel VH4 profile. I reduced the gain on the profile a little and the TT filled it back in with raw chainsaw glory. I can control how much I want to blend the pedal into the profile so it'll be fun to further refine how I use it moving forward. Next step will be to run the setup during tracking. I've got a few riffs in mind immediately that I want to add an additional track with a heavy dose of this pedal.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Throne Torcher sounded huge last night! I think I set it low and level at 12:00, mid at 2:00, high at 3:00 and just a hint of gain run through the Kemper "effects loop" into the first preamp pedal slot of a Diezel VH4 profile. I reduced the gain on the profile a little and the TT filled it back in with raw chainsaw glory. I can control how much I want to blend the pedal into the profile so it'll be fun to further refine how I use it moving forward. Next step will be to run the setup during tracking. I've got a few riffs in mind immediately that I want to add an additional track with a heavy dose of this pedal.
Licks my lips awkwardly as my jagged teeth poke out of my mask while staring out a window and smacking my skull.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Cool pedal, but... yuck. Enough with the fucking feedback loops already. There is no point to them and any demo -- particularly for Fuzzrocious pedals -- is about 1 minute of actual guitar tones, and 5 minutes of making goddamn useless noise. Screw Abominable for adding to this stupidity.

And again: The pedal itself is cool, but this trend of independent builders sticking a feedback loop in everything is obnoxious.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody else find it hilarious that over Labor Day when he had a 15% off coupon with only three pedals in his store he was an arrogant dick basically telling people to screw off and that things like the Throne Torcher would NEVER go on sale because they instantly sell out... now he's got several in stock Throne Torchers that have been sitting and suddenly they're on sale?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I love the Throne Torcher, but the egos and arrogant ownership people seem to get surrounding a 34 year old pedal that you can buy all day for about $100 used (even in an inflated market) is batshit crazy.
If the HM2 market was going to jump from hundreds to thousands of new units sold, then BOSS would just rerelease it.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I just thought it was funny that he ran a sale with basically nothing in stock and got pissed off at people that asked if he was restocking for the sale... but now has the same pedals people were asking about discounted because they haven't sold.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
So was it artificially "unstocked" to limit the discount to only a select few pedals he's trying to move because they are a bit weaker sales wise?

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
I think it's pretty funny when some builders claim their clone is the epitome and last word of a scene's tone, but going deeper into that would probably derail this thread. :lol:

Latest posts

')