oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Not a NGD, but I came across these on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVYhw8tvsNY/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYIap-TraIR/

For those having any issues with insta here's one of the pics hosted elsewhere:
YHA7YRd.png

I bought a Romulus in the past and I was super disappointed with it (bad setup, pickup installed backwards, quality didn't feel amazing), but looking at their website and instagram it feels like they've grown a LOT over the past decade since that odd experience of mine as well as others based on their poor rep on the forum.

Anyone had recent experiences with this company? This is my favorite looking headless model besides strandberg by far, and I prefer the hipshot hardware to strandbergs proprietary offering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oracles

Reaction score
I checked these out at NAMM 2019 and they were still hot garbage. I can't speak to whether or not they've improved since then, but they were every bit as bad as I'd remembered when I last tried one.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I checked these out at NAMM 2019 and they were still hot garbage. I can't speak to whether or not they've improved since then, but they were every bit as bad as I'd remembered when I last tried one.

So unfortunate to finally see a decent headless design, but the company has trouble executing. I'd expect NAMM guitars to be even better than standard builds.

vibrantgermancities

Reaction score
One thing a lot of these companies have in common is that taking nice pictures that make their guitars seem alluring has never really been their problem...

soliloquy

Reaction score
I really like some of the singlecut guitar shapes they have. Alas, their reputation on SS.org, specifically, leaves a LOT to be desired.
Youtube, they seem to get decent reviews, but aside from SS.org and youtube, i really dont hear/know much about them.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That looks great; shame about the quality. I ordered one from Valravn that has a similar shape. They said it would be done this summer but then last month said it'd be done in February (next month). They're still new at it so hoping for the best on quality. I'll do a NGD when I get it.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
That looks great; shame about the quality. I ordered one from Valravn that has a similar shape. They said it would be done this summer but then last month said it'd be done in February (next month). They're still new at it so hoping for the best on quality. I'll do a NGD when I get it.

Very interested in this company as well, looking forward to your post. I wish I could get a more round/traditional neck profile on a current headless guitar, if only suhr or tom anderson made one.

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Coming out the gate with a straight scale headless makes it look like your company veneered some Harley Bentons

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Coming out the gate with a straight scale headless makes it look like your company veneered some Harley Bentons

Not sure what your point is here, Acacia has been around for a number of years now, something like 15 at least.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I don't think they had a headless guitar "out of the gate" when they started, and I don't really mind straight scale personally.

PF Chang

Reaction score
On a side note, the neck joint on that Cronus looks like it feels like a bag of sand. Shame, it's a nice looking shape.