ACG 9 string bass

• Thread starter 7string
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7string

Reaction score
Acrylicised fretboards can be stunning. The first one I ever saw was like a landscape painting with mountains in the distance. They're great to play as well.

Very, very pretty, 7string! Thank you for posting all of the info on this beastie!

Are the piezo's Hipshots or are they someone else's? Graphtec?

Also, A.C. Guitars had your instrument on their site, too: A.C. Guitars - Hand Crafted Basses & Guitars

Thanks, phaeded0ut.

We did initially look at Graphtec, but Hipshot produce a 9 string piezo loaded bridge which saved the hassle of retrofitting piezo saddles into an existing bridge. The signal runs into the ACG filter-based preamp where the tone can be adjusted to suit. ACGs are one of the only bass makers who have a piezo/filter preamp mix.

To find out if it would work, ACG made a 4 string fretless prototype with the piezo bridge and magnetic pickups. I went down to the workshop to play it and it sounded amazing. As a result, the piezo bridge has become an option on ACG basses and has been taken up by customers already.

ACG run the progress pics in the "Gallery" part of the website so everyone can see the basses being built. I was pleased that the progress pics were always sent to me first, then put on the site some hours later. Saves checking the website eagerly looking for progress on the bass.

For those outside the UK, ACG have orders from Europe and the USA. With the exchange rate of the British Pound hitting a 25 year low last week, it's making ACG basses even better value for money.

A.C. Guitars - Hand Crafted Basses & Guitars

Latest posts

')