Acoustic guitars with straight string pull headstocks ?

• Thread starter Nag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
That title should be pretty self-explanatory.

These days, I kinda feel like selling basically most of my guitar gear, and rebuild myself a nicer collection from the ground up. I'd really like to have a nice steel acoustic, for when I'm tired of chugging on my low E string.

I already know about PRS and Breedlove having pretty much straight string pull headstocks, but I'm not really into what they offer. Ideally, I'm thinking of a gool ol' dreadnought, no electronics, no cutaway. With straight string pull.

And yes, I know the String Butler exists. Just wondering what else is out there (and relatively readily available in Europe... I don't care about custom guitars, boutique builders and stuff like that).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Any reason in particular you're hung up on string pull?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
It looks cooler and helps with tuning stability, which is always nice.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Seagull, Ovation and the thin body Godin semi-acoustics are all "kinda" there

aoQ4G024EW2BDoPBX4J9ad6UpG0Sefn-GPClFiRox1ZfgRWCZB23zmMq9VgwPsJ78fPG_74GsKn-uxEhdDSUbwm0GNPZIMNsnmhybdFGl2eMFXFk4B_O9at-1nv2oyWM9nKu4Y8OcnhbPKS01ZsD6dREHDYfBXz2Cr-I

s-l640.jpg

CE44-5_hqw_2048x.jpg

Strat-head fenders too
preview.jpg

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the replies. This comes in pretty late, sorry if I kept anyone waiting. I've taken a break from social life, IRL and online.