Active Cepheus 8

• Thread starter krsp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

krsp

Reaction score
I oreded an Agile multiscale that comes with an active Cepheus and I cant wait to just find out myself - anyone have input on the sound of these things. I'm hoping they are alright...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

krsp

Reaction score
It is a 7 string though, so the pickup will be for 8 strings, EMG and SD make replacement ones but I don't know of any others. I am familiar with EMG 808 and SD Blackouts (for 6 strings anyway), so that is what I want "versus" info on. Also, if they do indeed end up sucking, do they have those quick connect receptacles on the back? Any info anyone has on these pickups would be a great help!

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a 7 string though, so the pickup will be for 8 strings, EMG and SD make replacement ones but I don't know of any others. I am familiar with EMG 808 and SD Blackouts (for 6 strings anyway), so that is what I want "versus" info on. Also, if they do indeed end up sucking, do they have those quick connect receptacles on the back? Any info anyone has on these pickups would be a great help!

If it's a 7 string Pendulum, the 808s/808Xs and Blackout 8s will be a direct drop-in. There are lots of comparison videos of EMGs and Blackouts on Youtube.

Aside from that, your options are (to my knowledge) nordstrand pickups > welcome or Dan at Oni Guitars as far as getting customs made. I'm not sure about Oni, but I've heard Nordstrom's pricing is very reasonable for what you get.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
')