Active to passive question NEED HELP!

• Thread starter BTFSjohn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BTFSjohn

Reaction score
Alright, so i took my Agile Septor Pro 727 to the guitar tech to get my Cepheus active pickups switched out for the D sonic and Liquifire passive pickups and the guy calls me telling me that its not possible for those specific pickups to be installed into my guitar. He said that the Cepheus pickups are mounted to the body and the DiMarzio pickups are made to be mounted to "pickup rings".

So my question is... is it is possible for the D sonic and Liquifires to be installed into my axe and if so can you explain how... or is there no hope??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
The JP6 and JP7 used to come with a D Sonic/Air Norton set and now its a crunch lab/liquifire set and guess what?

They're direct mounted.

Tell your tech he's an ass, and you can direct mount any pickup. It might need a bit of sponge under it or something to raise it up, but probably not.

BTFSjohn

Reaction score
That's really awesome to hear! So you don't think ill need to drill any holes or get any type of adapters to make them fit?

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
The JP6 and JP7 used to come with a D Sonic/Air Norton set and now its a crunch lab/liquifire set and guess what?

They're direct mounted.

Tell your tech he's an ass, and you can direct mount any pickup. It might need a bit of sponge under it or something to raise it up, but probably not.

Yes. Most DiMarzio 7-string pickups are flat on the bottom, so you can direct mount them and you will need foam under the pickups to get your pickup height adjust right.

your tech is a lazy douche
:yesway: I guess his tech/luthier doesn't wanna make money that bad, or is just an asshole:scratch::nuts::rolleyes::noplease:...

Also to the OP, you can go to Frets On The Net and have Dave make you a special set of active to passive pickup rings if you really wanted them in rings to cover the route from the Cepheus pickups...

')