Actives in a PRS Mushok?

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Anyone done this? I'm a little irked at the SD Custom in there now, and the stock neck is just not a great pickup for me. Buddy of mine was selling a set of Blackouts so I picked em up and was planning on throwing em in there.

I've got it tuned to open C for metal rhythms and Devy action...mostly use this guitar for rhythm, and I dig the compression of actives for that.

Who's put actives in their Mushok and did you dig em?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld

Reaction score
I have an 85X in the bridge and an 81 in the neck. It slays.

If you enjoy Devy action, Dave Young has EMG pickups in his.

Edit : ninja'ed :lol:

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
dave does the 81/60 just like james hetfield used to do, so it makes me wonder if 81X/60X or a het set would could be what you are looking for as well. Too many cool pickups to try :lol:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
dave does the 81/60 just like james hetfield used to do, so it makes me wonder if 81X/60X or a het set would could be what you are looking for as well. Too many cool pickups to try :lol:

I hear you man...I love actives but I love BKPs too; if this doesn't work I'll throw a Painkiller in there...that's my go to BKP for metal.

I'm too much of a passive guy anymore but.. I plan to put some BKP in mine but. I heard that the 81X in the Mushok sounds brutal.

I could pick those up cheap too; hoping these work out ok. If not I'll try those and then hit BKP.

Thanks guys.

bloodnail

Reaction score
hey buddy i had the mushok with the 81/85 in it.it sounded pretty brutal and clear.the low end sounded much bigger yet stayed tight, the highs and mids were actually pretty balanced.i used it for death metal and it sounded incredible.

bloodnail

Reaction score
also once you get a set of actives in it i would also try the duncan mtm blackout.it is an alnico 5 magnet but is still pretty aggressive and tight as well,loved it for drop b but not much else really,plus it has more output than a 81.as soon as i dropped the emgs in mine i had that instant machine head tone going on with my 5150.

')