Adagio for strings ambient recording

• Thread starter sverrejk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sverrejk

Reaction score
Adagio for strings ambient guitar by sverrejk on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

So this is what I've been doing this evening; adagio for strings has been one of my favourite soundtracks ever, since the day I heard it in homeworld(1!) as a kid! haha!

I'm mostly into metal but sometimes I just sit for a couple of hours and play chords and ambient stuff, it's so relaxing and cool! I welcome all critics with open arms!

oh, forgot to mention I did no EQ or any sort of mixing, it's raw material!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Can I be honest? I love Adagio for strings as well. I was excited to hear where it was going to go when it just started but personally feel you didn't go anywhere with it and the effects were just too much - probably too much decay because it creates off pitch sounds when the notes bleed over each other.

I got a little more excited at about 1:26 or so where you did some more single notes but that was short lived as well. It's a good try and I think you have a good direction going with it, but you definitely need to expand on it more and use less effects or just less decay. You should probably do some separate guitar layers, one or two backing with a main lead over it or something.

Anyhow, hope my comment is taken as productive rather than insultingly as that's certainly not my intention! That aside, do you listen to any Chopin, Chausson or Paganini as well? Good good stuff there.

Rev.

sverrejk

Reaction score
Can I be honest? I love Adagio for strings as well. I was excited to hear where it was going to go when it just started but personally feel you didn't go anywhere with it and the effects we just too much - probably too much decay because it creates off pitch sounds when the notes bleed over each other.

I got a little more excited at about 1:26 or so where you did some more single notes but that was short lived as well. It's a good try and I think you have a good direction going with it, but you definitely need to expand on it more and use less effects or just less decay. You should probably do some separate guitar layers, one or two backing with a main lead over it or something.

Anyhow, hope my comment is taken as productive rather than insultingly as that's certainly not my intention! That aside, do you listen to any Chopin, Chausson or Paganini as well? Good good stuff there.

Rev.

Thanks alot for your feedback, it is this types of feedbacks that's going to help me improve rather than the "you suck"-comments.
Really appreciated, thank you verymuch! :lol:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks alot for your feedback, it is this types of feedbacks that's going to help me improve rather than the "you suck"-comments.
Really appreciated, thank you verymuch! :lol:

My pleasure, and thanks for taking the criticism lightly. It was definitely a unique take on it and I look forward to hearing any future revisions so please feel free to PM me any links to it in the future, since I don't always keep up with all the threads I've posted in. :yesway:

Rev.

')