Adam A7X a worthy upgrade?

• Thread starter xfilth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a opportunity to get a pair of A7X's for around 400£ which is a bit more than half price for new. I'm currently running with Yamaha HS50M's but have been considering an upgrade for a while, especially because of the lack of low on the Yamaha's.

Anyone has experience with the A7X's? (or A_X's for that matter)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
400,- for the pair? damn. buy them now.

Or don't. Don't buy them. I'll take them. :D

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Adam products are fantastic dude. I have the A3X's myself which cost me £400... they are great. I've heard mixes through the A7Xs and the A8Xs which sound huge as well as clear. I have no experience with the HS50Ms so unfortunately I cannot shed any light on the differences. Hope this helps. :yesway:

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Adam products are fantastic dude. I have the A3X's myself which cost me £400... they are great. I've heard mixes through the A7Xs and the A8Xs which sound huge as well as clear. I have no experience with the HS50Ms so unfortunately I cannot shed any light on the differences. Hope this helps. :yesway:

Awesome! You're basically all the confirmation I needed :)

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Keep the HS50Ms as well though.

Turn on the Mid EQ and use them as your "if it sounds good on these it will sound good on anything" monitors

Baco

Banned
Reaction score
I have a pair of A7X's on demo here, these sound great indeed!

georg_f

Reaction score
I have a pair of A7X + sub8 at home
flipping tastic monitors

guy in latvia

Reaction score
ive got myself KRK rokit 6's, been interested in the adams for quite some time, for those who have experience with both, how do they compare?

Chris Finster

Reaction score
Ive used these as a demo from a vendor. Theyre cool, but can fatigue your ear from the upper mids after 2-3 hrs of mixtime i noticed. I went with the Focal's instead.

')