Addicted to my ESP... can't....stop....

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just released this new video of me playing on my ESP Eclipse-I in aged white.
I got this guitar a year ago or so and I must have played it every day.
Also, for my taste EMG's in an ESP guitar are very hard to beat.
I truly don't get all the hate they receive.
Anyway, hope you enjoy this video:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feilong29

Reaction score
Love your playing bro! How do you approach your riffs? Take you long to come up with something like that?

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Love your playing bro! How do you approach your riffs? Take you long to come up with something like that?

Thanks so much for your comment.
Well, usually the ideas come quite spontaneously.
Usually it starts with one riff or part and I build from there.
Sometimes I build it a bit in my head, other times I'm at my daw and I just build.
If a riff comes with too much effort it's usually a sign that I should work on another idea.
I hope that makes sense... :)

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Love that one! Got to be careful, they tend to multiply. They are generally the first brand on my mind when GAS strikes for a guitar.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Love that one! Got to be careful, they tend to multiply. They are generally the first brand on my mind when GAS strikes for a guitar.

Totally know what you mean!
Since posting this video I'm totally addicted to my LT KH-602... such a shred machine!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I really liked the first clip, but I LOVED the second one. Both the tone and the riffs are huge. Heavy as f*ck. And that singing chorus was great; huge sound!

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just released this new video of me playing on my ESP Eclipse-I in aged white.
I got this guitar a year ago or so and I must have played it every day.
Also, for my taste EMG's in an ESP guitar are very hard to beat.
I truly don't get all the hate they receive.

I love ESP Eclipse guitars, and there's two pickup combos that just can't go wrong in them : EMGs and ye olde PAFs.

For metal players, there's really no reason to hate EMGs, they've been working fantastic for plenty of guitarists, for decades. The arguments people use the most are "EMGs sound the same in every guitar", which is absurd, or "EMGs have no dynamics". If someone tells you that, ask them if they really think metal has any dynamics, haha. The only dynamic we really use is "make it loud, man". So that argument is just as void as the other one.

Outside of metal, they're nice for rock, of course. But I have to say I don't like the cleans from the classic EMGs. Can't speak of the newer ones, I haven't used any yet. I do find the cleans from EMG humbuckers to be kinda sterile, although that might depend on the amp, too (I haven't really plugged an EMG equipped quitar into a Twin Reverb).

For me, the main reason I don't use EMGs anymore is that I just prefer playing without batteries, but that's just me.

PS nice riffs :wub:

yauyo

Reaction score
Beauty can fade away, but beast will never stop roaring! cool song Jon!