Adding a bridge ground

• Thread starter skellingtonwitch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skellingtonwitch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
80E941A1-228D-4ECE-A7C1-F8DB94395A0E.jpeg
I’ve had this agile 8 for a while, it originally had passives, but the previous owner installed some lace deathbars. I recently noticed the annoying fuzz I thought was from the helix, stops when I touch the cable. So I pop open the cavity and lo and behold: no bridge ground. It also has 500k pots instead of the recommended 250k, and apparently they’re splittable? Guess the last guy wasn’t interested in that, bc there’s no way to split them atm.

Anyway, I’m gonna order some new pots, including a push/pull, but I’m not sure what do to about the ground.
Do I just unscrew the bridge at the high E and drill? And can I possibly do this without having to change strings. Honestly I don’t even know if the bridge is one piece or like 8 separate bridges
D3CF9DE9-0A60-44DE-AA77-688AE51F4AAD.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's 8 separate bridges, if they're not making proper contact you're going to have to get them to somehow, there are a number of options.

You're correct, just remove bridge, drill, and run a wire.

The easiest way is to un-braid the wire you plan on using to ground and fan it out so there's some unshielded wire under each bridge piece.

skellingtonwitch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's 8 separate bridges, if they're not making proper contact you're going to have to get them to somehow, there are a number of options.

You're correct, just remove bridge, drill, and run a wire.

The easiest way is to un-braid the wire you plan on using to ground and fan it out so there's some unshielded wire under each bridge piece.
Shit do I have to drill through all of them? I figured they’re all touching on the front, so I could just drill to the high e.

So like, take out whole bridge, and drill like this?

62755C4D-60B9-40B5-B769-E6CEE9E15253.jpeg

Latest posts

')