Adobe Audition

• Thread starter joshuallen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

joshuallen

Reaction score
So, I happen to have access to Adobe's Audition and Cubase LE5 as potential DAWs. Cubase is super simple to understand and I like that, but I've noticed in poking around that it's missing a lot of things (being the lite edition and all). Audition has some mastering and eq and other tools.

I know most of what I've read suggests Audition is better at post production than direct recording, but it seems to function, and gives me access to 64-bit plugins that I can't get through LE5. Has anyone used it for direct recording?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Char2000

Reaction score
I use it all the time, wish the MBOX support was better though.

ty_ttebu

Reaction score
Hello, new here, first post.
I've been using Audition forever (since way back when it was Cool Edit). I've tried pretty much every other DAW, and I still find myself going back to Audition for its ease and comfort. The only real downside I have with it is that there is no grid in multitrack, only the "snap-to" function, which isnt all that accurate, however I just line it up visually with the metronome. I'm also not a huge fan of the midi-related stuff, so I usually just do all that in Fruity Loops and then export it to audition.

joshuallen

Reaction score
Cool. I've never heard of fruity loops. I'll have to check it out. After trying it out, my main complaint is that it seems to not mesh as well with my Lexicon.

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
I do all of my drum production in Reaper, but everything else in Audition. Works fine with my MobilePre, and have had zero issues. If it had VSTi support, I wouldn't use anything else.

I used to use FL for drums, but gave up when I decided to start doing any production (ezdrummer, DFH)

Beat Poet

Reaction score
I was another user of Cool Edit back in the day, then I moved to Audition for a few years before discarding it when I went onto Mac and Logic. I still use Audition for cleanup and editing, as it's easy to use and a very neat and tidy program.

')