Advanced tapping

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Here's the rest of it...

and do as my teacher said to me: learn some of them and show off to your friends; learn them all, and become their new god. :cool:

That would be great if I had friends or a guitar ;p

Thanks again for taking the time to upload them - some good stuff there :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol: Good luck with finding both! You're welcome for the tabs:yesway:.

:)

I was exagerating slightly - I have a couple of mates but one of them has been playing guitar for 40 years so if I managed to rip out some of those licks he'd just stub out his perpetual roll-up, raise his eyebrows and say "you 80's shred wanker" :lol:

I've found a few more articles on tapping so I shall stick everything I have into a .rar file and upload it for prosperity - everything from EVH style triplets to the very maddest sequenced 8-finger mayhem.

vontetzianos

Reaction score

I was exagerating slightly - I have a couple of mates but one of them has been playing guitar for 40 years so if I managed to rip out some of those licks he'd just stub out his perpetual roll-up, raise his eyebrows and say "you 80's shred wanker" :lol:

I've found a few more articles on tapping so I shall stick everything I have into a .rar file and upload it for prosperity - everything from EVH style triplets to the very maddest sequenced 8-finger mayhem.

:lol:I suppose after playing for 40 years you must cook with some serious gas. I also know a few guys that have been playing forever, and while some tapping stuff is life's ambition for me is a walk in the park for them. I've only really been playing properly for about 3 years so I'll work up to a lot of this stuff.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
(The file is uploaded - feel free to PM me for a link)

He's more of an acoustic/classic electric guitarist than a shredder but he's been there, and done that so he knows a thing or two. Also a pretty good luthier before he got bored with it :lol:

theshred201

Reaction score
Here's a Guitar Pro tab of the GG article. I never got around to adjusting tempos for individual licks, so that will be up to you. I added the chords as a second track.

Just for fun, I added another exercise GP of mine, which is probably the longest Individual GP of exercises I have. I went through and found all of the free Francesco Fareri licks and such I could find and threw them into a GP which is now 71 pages long.....Plenty of interesting stuff though, and some cool tapping.

For those that don't know, I have a MASSIVE collection of exercises and such as GP tabs, so if you ever need stuff to work on a specific technique, let me know.

Attachments

• GGtaps.gp4.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 47
  • FF Lessons.gp4.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 49

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Nice one Mr Shred :) I've now got something in the region of 35gb of Instructional material so chances are I have something for most people if required - feel free to poke me!

If getting a life was as easy I'd have a guitar to apply it on :lol:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Here's a Guitar Pro tab of the GG article. I never got around to adjusting tempos for individual licks, so that will be up to you. I added the chords as a second track.

Just for fun, I added another exercise GP of mine, which is probably the longest Individual GP of exercises I have. I went through and found all of the free Francesco Fareri licks and such I could find and threw them into a GP which is now 71 pages long.....Plenty of interesting stuff though, and some cool tapping.

For those that don't know, I have a MASSIVE collection of exercises and such as GP tabs, so if you ever need stuff to work on a specific technique, let me know.

:shred:Awesome stuff man. thanks for it all.

victor5464

voltron
Reaction score
thanks everyone!
i never expected so much feedback

i will begin my journey of becoming a god:shred:

cycloptopus

Reaction score
Yo this thread is sick! I just grabbed all that stuff. Thanks to all, especially theShred. But can I ask for more? What about Jeff Watson 8 finger stuff? Didn't he have a column back in the day?

I just got a new appreciation for him at another post of ShadyDavey's.

Thanks again!

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
For pure tapping stuff TJ Helmerich is one of the best ever ,so smooth and effortless, and using all 8 fingers.Check out his albums with Brett Garsed "Quid Pro Quo" and "Exempt",both rock/fusion classics.
For heavier stuff I would recommend Scar Symmetry "Holographic Universe". And Circus Maximus "The First Chapter" and "Isolate".Peace.

Dean

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Yo this thread is sick! I just grabbed all that stuff. Thanks to all, especially theShred. But can I ask for more? What about Jeff Watson 8 finger stuff? Didn't he have a column back in the day?

I just got a new appreciation for him at another post of ShadyDavey's.

Thanks again!

There's not a lot of instructional material from Jeff - there's the Star Licks video which you might be able to find floating around (I know there's a clip on YouTube so the poster might have the rest available for upload) and a really tiny image on Jeff's homepage from an old interview:

Guitar%201989%20Article%20Page%203.jpg

A few Night Ranger tabs here:

Night Ranger Tabs : 16 Tabs Total @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Then, I'm going to zip up a load of .pdf's and GP files that will have some multi-finger stuff in later. I'll PM you the link to DL that if you want more info :)

cycloptopus

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks! Neon, if you could find it that would be great. I've been concentrating on the kind of stuff Shane Gibson is doing with the keeping the pick and using the last 3 fingers kind of technique, anyway. I think it is most useful for being able to jump in and out of riffs and licks. ShadyDavey thanks, no need to break your back for the Jeff Watson stuff specifically, I'm just hungry for 8 finger stuff right now. I'll check out everything you guys put out here. Hell, I'm already overwhelmed with stuff to work on. This forum rocks!

Reaction score
Why hasn't Stanley Jordan's Star Licks been shown yet, he's the tapping master D:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
There's another tapping guitarist called Daniel Peroine who is obviously influenced by TJ.

I still think TJ is cleaner, smoother and a lot more tasteful but he's still pretty good at it.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
He's pretty smoking - thanks for sharing :)

(also - that clip's not helping my ever-present steinberger GAS :lol: )

Ever since I found Holdsworth and TJ, and began listening to Cynic I've wanted a steinberger. I used to think they were ugly as hell, but now I really like them a lot.

Latest posts

')